Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Pack 13 - This one is Great!!!!!!! Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 29 May 2021 22:15:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Welcome to the Build for Pack 13

Well DeAgostini fixed the problem with the wheel assembly in this issue. Sorry about the advice of Pack 12, but I wanted to save the headache of broken parts.

Let's get started!!!!!!

For Stage 51 we will need to go back to the washing techniques I once provide in Pack 2 Stage 3-5

The following parts received a pin wash of Tamiya Black Panel Liner in the recesses. After this was done parts 3D and 3E were left to dry.

Part 3F received a light sanding of a heavy seam and imperfection (just enough to show the imperfection in the casting). It was painted in a steel color and left to dry. When dried the Caliper Piston Head was painted in a Pale Gold (Tamiya X31 Titanium Gold). When that dried a pin wash of Tamiya Black Panel Liner was added.

After the assembly was done the black screw head was painted in a steel color.

AT THIS POINT.... I chose not to weather the parts until I have the car built. So here are the results.

When the tire and wheel are fully assembled, attach to the car sub-frame In Steps 52.

Stage 53 - WARNING...... PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO WHERE THE WIRES WILL LAY IN AFTER YOU SCREW THE DRIVERS COMPARTMENT IN.

Follow all the assembly step in Stage 53 and the car is starting to look like something.

Stage 54 and 55. The aluminum finish is a little toy-like. Using the Tamiya Black Panel Liner add it to the recesses of the radiator low points. I took a picture to show the difference with and without the panel liner.

When dry, Install Stages 54 and 55.

A question I have is........ Did the weathering techniques we used in earlier packs and stages make a difference in appearance? I hope so. I also hoped you enjoyed the finished product.

I am looking forward to Pack 14 and there some more fun will begin......Happy Modeling and Enjoy what you have accomplished with this build so far.
bojazz attached the following image(s):
13 left Wheel.jpg
13 Wheel Wash.jpg
Stage 13 subframed mounted.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
Did the wash make a difference.jpg
Did the wash make a difference a.jpg
did 3.jpg