Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Is it me ? Options
suey
#1 Posted : 12 June 2021 15:03:28

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Been looking for the Admiralty Bounty build instructions. Saw them a few weeks ago under the 'product' (Bounty) Build page. But I see the Admiralty Bounty is no longer even advertised on the 'Ships' page.

So, is it me? Has the Bounty moved elsewhere (suffered a mutiny?) or am I going crazy(ier).

Good luck to anyone already building her and has not downloaded the complete set of instructions!!

Confused Sue
Gandale
#2 Posted : 12 June 2021 15:14:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You'll find the build guides here:

https://www.model-space....y-nave-uk/download.html

The kit can be found at the bottom of this webpage:

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/

Regards

Alan
suey
#3 Posted : 12 June 2021 17:59:53

Thanks Alan,

Looks like twas me. I've only ever used the Model Space site, including placing orders. Don't think I realised there IS a DeAgostini siteBlushing

Has it changed recently? I see MS still has several ship models on offer and Deag have others. Very Confused .

Thanks again.
Sue
tenderfoot
#4 Posted : 14 June 2021 18:17:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

I don't think it is just you simply because I encountered the same fate but on the US site. I would typically visit the Ships section of the store and navigate my way to the instructions that way. However, it appears that recently many of the ships have been removed from the list of ships, including the Bounty, so I initially worried as well. However, the Bounty still appeared in the carousel at the top of the US site so my worry was short term.

Thank you Gandale for the direct link the instructions! I have gone ahead and downloaded all the future ones. Also, it looks like Month 12 was just recently published so go grab it if you haven't already.
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
suey
#5 Posted : 14 June 2021 22:04:08

Hi t,

Good idea downloading the lot. 'Just in case'. BigGrin

Gave myself a fright yesterday. Went to take another look by typing the deagostini site address into my browser. Would not resolve. Tried again. Nogo. So went to Gandale's link. Nope!! Bit more investigation. I think it was telling me that it no longer had a certificate, so my security software was denying me access - someone might be trying to hack me!!

I left off and tried again tonight. At least that has been fixed.