Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Italari 1/12 Renault RE20 Turbo Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 23 June 2021 20:50:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

So heres the next lamb to the slaughter.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 23 June 2021 21:10:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

WOO-HOOO... Don't know this particular kit Ken, but I have the Tamiya one.
It was always known as 'the teapot' for whatever reason.
I'll be looking in to see how you get on.
Great stuff.
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 23 June 2021 21:47:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Actually roy I think it's the tamiya one reboxed.
RM1
#4 Posted : 24 June 2021 20:18:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's an interesting kit.. Looking forward to the build.
Malc.
Plymouth57
#5 Posted : 24 June 2021 20:28:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Way to go Ken! Nice to see another racing car on the way, looking at the box top couldn't believe how thin those front tyres are compared to my Ferrari's!Blink
(Also couldn't believe how much the chassis looks like a Panther tank hull too!BigGrin )
Will be watching this one with interest.

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Stupot
#6 Posted : 24 June 2021 20:36:43

Hi Ken, A very nice looking kit. I will watch this one with interest as well. Stu
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 25 June 2021 18:33:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

kpnuts
#8 Posted : 25 June 2021 20:37:53

Work begins on the Renault RE20 Turbo, I think I'm going to enjoy this, my first F1 car, looks quite complex and well detailed.

kpnuts
#9 Posted : 26 June 2021 20:49:02

First disappointment with the Renault RE20 Turbo kit all these screws, springs and nuts are all in the same bag, when I bought the Mefistofeles it came with this case (ignore the ships rigging parts it what ive been using it for since) it just goes to show how manufacturers cut corners.

roymattblack
#10 Posted : 27 June 2021 11:34:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Good to see you're getting to grips with it now Ken.
Keep the updates coming.BigGrin
kpnuts
#11 Posted : 27 June 2021 20:22:18

The level of detail in this kit is awesome I love the way they've done the working suspension (not even left the first page of the instructions)
I decided to jump ahead a fair way on the instructions and mak a start on the engine.
Talk about detail it even had the gearbox casting number There are 28 parts to just those cylinder heads, the pulleys all work I've barely started the engine if this is what F1 kits are like I think I will be building lots more.

roymattblack
#12 Posted : 27 June 2021 21:14:55

Hello Ken.
Just wondering, is the central brake pedal fitted the wrong way around?
Should the angled flap on the toe pedal be facing the other way?
Sliding brake-to-clutch would be extremely difficult.
I'm not sure, but otherwise, it's all looking great.

Keep it coming.BigGrin
kpnuts
#13 Posted : 27 June 2021 21:22:12

All as per instruction Roy (although I've just compared this to an excellent 1 /12 tamiya build of what I thought was the same kit and it's definitely not a reboxed tamiya kit, thee tamiya kit has the gearbox and engine as separate parts(they are molded in one piece in this kit) just goes to show even scalemates get it wrong.
roymattblack
#14 Posted : 27 June 2021 21:30:13

Yes - the Tamiya kit has the pedal the other way around so the 'flap' faces forward and isn't in the way of the drivers foot.
Googling the actual car shows there's NO angled flap at all...
Just goes to show, neither company got it quite right...BigGrin
kpnuts
#15 Posted : 27 June 2021 21:43:24

It make you wonder where they get their technical info from (in actuality you can't see the peddls when it all put together so it's academic really
kpnuts
#16 Posted : 28 June 2021 20:44:45

More work done on the RE20, so many control cables to add 

kpnuts
#17 Posted : 01 July 2021 20:42:00

Work on the RE20 continues, ive barely started the engine, I'm pleased with the way the weathering on the fuel lines look.

Markwarren
#18 Posted : 03 July 2021 09:32:23

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on very nicely Ken.ThumpUp

Mark
roymattblack
#19 Posted : 04 July 2021 10:55:26

Looking good Ken.
Keep it coming. It's interesting to follow this build as I have Tamiya one hidden away somewhere.BigGrin
kpnuts
#20 Posted : 10 July 2021 21:21:27

OK so you may have noticed I've not posted for a week, well the house insurance doesn't like people posting on social media when you are away.

We were in Scotland last week visiting my missus very poorly father.

We went on a walk up screel hill (they call it a hill, it's more like a small mountain) it was well worth the climb though the view was nothing short of spectacular.

I recon you could see for 30 miles in all directions (and that's not on a clear day)

Anyway back to the build more work done on the suspension and a start on weathering the front engine casing, lot more to do on this, for some reason my usual methods are not working I usually find mixing talc with the paint or sprinkling it on gives the white highlights I want also I generally add burnt umber to get a burnt on from heat oil effect none of which seem to be working here. I don't understand as I've used these methods for years and they've worked every time, can't think what I'm doing different, dementia I recon.