Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Italari 1/12 Renault RE20 Turbo Options
roymattblack
#21 Posted : 11 July 2021 00:24:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

My mum's family are Scottish - Logan clan.
I have UMPTEEN memories of holidays there.
The most memorable - I was about 19 years old and had a Lotus Elan S3...

I set out at about 6.00 in the morning, drove from home (Ipswich, Suffolk) to my aunties in Tranent - Edinburgh.
Arrived around lunch time.
Had a cup of tea and a chat, then drove home again.

These days, I wouldn't even think about it it but when your a kid, it's fun...LOL LOL LOL
kpnuts
#22 Posted : 11 July 2021 07:48:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Yes I used to look forward to it when I was younger(and there was far less traffic on the road) plus I would have been on a bike in those days ( no such thing as a traffic jamb)
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#23 Posted : 11 July 2021 20:50:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all started back on the cockpit.

kpnuts
#24 Posted : 12 July 2021 20:55:30

There are so many cables with this, ive barely started (gets quite confusing)

kpnuts
#25 Posted : 14 July 2021 21:08:34

More done to this (I'm really enjoying this)

bfam4t6
#26 Posted : 14 July 2021 22:01:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice work so far Ken. There really are a ton of tubes and cables on that.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

kpnuts
#27 Posted : 17 July 2021 18:57:38

More work on the RE20 the ht leads are very soft rubber tubing onto which you are supposed to push these very hard vinyl plug caps, totally impossible so my answer get some copper wire file the end down so the rubber tube fits in then push the vinyl caps on the wire (at the thicker end) then slide the cap onto the tube.

Those nuts on the suspension roots caused more than a few swear words what a pita (can't tell you how many times they ended up on the floor) a real trial of patience.

Markwarren
#28 Posted : 18 July 2021 08:05:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking very nice Ken, great work.Drool

Mark
bfam4t6
#29 Posted : 18 July 2021 15:05:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice progress Ken. Say, what do you use for those troublesome little nuts? I’ve found myself using combinations of tweezers and needle nose pliers to tighten on tiny nuts, but I’m alway on the lookout for more ingenuitive way to do things.

I thought I saw somewhere, someone started selling micro 1mm, 2mm etc wrenches, and I wonder if others have tried/ if they’re any good. The last supposed “micro-nut tool” I bought was a completely useless waste of money.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

kpnuts
#30 Posted : 18 July 2021 18:59:17

To be fair to this kit they supplied a plastic wrench for the nuts (yes I know I thought it would be rubbish too but it's not it actually works) the problem is keeping the nut in the right place whilst screwing form underneath.
kpnuts
#31 Posted : 18 July 2021 21:22:49

OK so we all know yellow is a pita but as a lot of this is yellow I thought I would spray some of it (I have to say I'm really pleased with the outcome)

those brake disks were a bit of a disappointment fit wise the twin discs would not go together, ther is a shoulder the outer disk is supposed to slide over (it didnt) but a little work with a dermel (by hand not in the dremel)grinding disk persuaded it to fit.

Plymouth57
#32 Posted : 19 July 2021 11:57:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's some beautiful work on the yellow spraying Ken - perfect finish, was it airbrushing or a spraycan? Either way lovely!Cool Cool Cool
Love the disk brakes too, I have to say on the Ferrari, the fit of all the parts so far has been excellent, I was expecting to use a lot more glue than I have!Blushing
Keep them coming (its getting very hot in my attic at the moment, sweaty fingers don't help!)Blink

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kpnuts
#33 Posted : 19 July 2021 19:19:24

Yes when I did the ducati the for was great (apart from the exhaust that is)
birdaj2
#34 Posted : 19 July 2021 19:40:19

Yellow finish looks very nice.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#35 Posted : 19 July 2021 19:57:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A great result on that yellow Ken.
Even the thumb looks good...LOL LOL LOL
kpnuts
#36 Posted : 19 July 2021 21:08:00

Ha ha
RM1
#37 Posted : 20 July 2021 07:37:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great progress on this one Ken. The detail is really good and that yellow looks a treat.
Malc.
kpnuts
#38 Posted : 21 July 2021 19:47:33

More progress on this.

kpnuts
#39 Posted : 22 July 2021 21:03:30

OK first off (as with everything in this kit) either the locating holes are too small or the locating pins are too big either way on the rear suspension it is really important to drill parts 342L and 343L holes out with a 1.8 mill drill like this.

Or you will end up with the problem I had with getting it off without snapping the pin that it goes into off as it will not go fully home if you don't drill it out.

The pluming on this is a nightmare (I should have labeled all the pipes at the start of this build) I am constantly having to go backwards and forwards through the instructions to find which pipe goes where, lesson learned.

kpnuts
#40 Posted : 23 July 2021 21:07:39

More done on this and a start on some masking.