Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Italari 1/12 Renault RE20 Turbo Options
kpnuts
#41 Posted : 24 July 2021 16:58:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all the instructions tell you to leave 2.5 mm of the stud sticking out of the hub and thread the wheel nut onto that unfortunately the narrow part of the hole  into which you are supposed the thread the studvont is recessed 3 mill into the nut, my initial thought was to sand 3 mm off the nut thus bringing the thread able area forward, however the nut is tapered (as is the centre of the wheel) in the end I decided to drill the nut out so the hole was the same all the way through then drill that out 1.4 mm and thread that onto the stub, worked a treat.

The skirts are just placed there for a look see as there is loads more to do before they are finally fitted.

I'm really pleased with how this is going, I wonder if protar did any more of these F1 kits and if they can still be had on ebay and such.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#42 Posted : 26 July 2021 20:47:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

More work on this she now has all her wheels, one of the many really cool details of this kit is they even went to the trouble of molding the wear indicators on the tyres.

RM1
#43 Posted : 27 July 2021 07:38:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's looking great Ken. Some excellent details on the Engine / Gearbox. Lovely work.
Malc.
Markwarren
#44 Posted : 27 July 2021 08:24:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work Ken.Love

Mark
roymattblack
#45 Posted : 27 July 2021 09:26:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Wow - that's looking really great Ken. A huge level of detail.

Keep it coming.Love
kpnuts
#46 Posted : 27 July 2021 21:04:24

Some of the exhaust and turbo parts primed, and the worst decal applied I'm not going to say that was hard but it did involve quite a few expletives and quite a bit of nail biting (they needed cutting anyway)

kpnuts
#47 Posted : 28 July 2021 21:13:12

So did some work on the turbos and exhausts and added another decal (these big decals are a real pita I think I in the future I may cut big decals into smaller ones.

I'm really peed off I've got to take the rear suspension all off as I've forgotten to add the air cooling ducts to the disks, gthey were a pain in the first place.

kpnuts
#48 Posted : 29 July 2021 20:46:41

More work on the turbos and added the forgotten brake cooling ducts.

kpnuts
#49 Posted : 30 July 2021 19:44:00

Well the turbos are installed (what a pita) loads more plumbing to add, and of course (I'm really dreading this) the headrers. Added a couple more decals to the fuselage soon be able to add the pontoons permanently.

roymattblack
#50 Posted : 30 July 2021 19:50:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Great stuff Ken.
This must be one of your best. I'm really loving it. Keep it coming as I watch out for your updates every day.Love
kpnuts
#51 Posted : 30 July 2021 20:12:48

Thanks Roy, means a lot coming from you. Tbh I still can't decide whether my first traction or the reale de france are my best builds, I really am enjoying the detail in this kit though.
Plymouth57
#52 Posted : 30 July 2021 20:48:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That is brilliant work Ken! I just thank God I don't have to apply a load of decals like that on mine!Blink
I particularly love that effect you've got on the exhausts with the heat-stressed look - really looks like that engine has been roaring around the track! This is a great model and well done!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kpnuts
#53 Posted : 30 July 2021 21:05:04

Thanks Robin, that said yours is far more complex than this.
kpnuts
#54 Posted : 31 July 2021 18:58:59

Added those headers (if I had hair I wouldn't have now) they needed loads of heating and bending to get anywhere near fitting.

kpnuts
#55 Posted : 01 August 2021 09:32:38

I didn't realise the pontoons on these cars floated (they are mounted on a leaf spring of some sort, at least that's what it looks like to me)
kpnuts
#56 Posted : 01 August 2021 19:16:14

Hi all nearing the end, it says on the box removable covers to show detail, well it took me near on 2 hrs to get those side skirts to look anything like good fitting. I can imagine the conversation oh let me show you all the detail, by the time I got the skirts off they would have lost the will to live so the skirts will be staying on (shame after all the work that went into the turbos)

kpnuts
#57 Posted : 03 August 2021 20:50:30

Work progresses on the RE20, on the last leg now. Bit peed of with the instructions re the seat belts if you follow the instructions your seat belts will go round the seat nearly twice so now I need to alter them and they were a pita the first time.

Plymouth57
#58 Posted : 03 August 2021 21:55:49

Looking more fantastic every time Ken! Beautiful work!!Cool Cool
Its a real shame not to be able to view all that detail under the skirts, would it be possible to adapt the fitting so they were held in place with a couple of strong miniature magnets instead of the kit system? My plastic wheel hubs are replaced with magnetic metal ones at the end of the instructions to make 'changing the tyres' easier Blink No way! Once they're on they're staying on!BigGrin
Really love the weathering on the engine parts!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
bfam4t6
#59 Posted : 03 August 2021 23:33:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow, this is a very impressive build Ken. Love the way the paint and the exhaust turned out.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

RM1
#60 Posted : 04 August 2021 12:05:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's looking really good Ken. Pity to have to cover up all that great detail with the bodywork but a Lovely result.
Malc.