Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

AKAGI model Options
Taylor Gordon
#1 Posted : 24 June 2021 11:14:05

Groups: Registered

I have a buildable model of an aircraft carrier AKAGI 1941 https://fex.net/ru/s/vaabb71 and I'm trying to understand what to do. There are no paints included. I'm trying now to find information about which paints are better, but I really cannot understand because there are a lot of disputes. Can I use acrylic paints like here?
My daughter paints with them on T-shirts. Or is it better to use enamel or nitro-cellulose paint (I read that they are good but harmful??), or some other water-based paint?
I would be happy to get some advice
tigerace
#2 Posted : 24 June 2021 12:18:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there i used Tamiya paints as they do the correct kure arsenal paint match from where she was built Tamiya's IJN Kure Grey XF 75 will be good for the hull/superstructure,Tamiya's Hull red XF 9 is a good match,
You will also need Tamiya's Linoleum deck brown XF 79 for some of the decks. you will need other colour's for the aircraft ect.

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Taylor Gordon
#3 Posted : 24 June 2021 13:01:14

tigerace wrote:
Hi there i used Tamiya paints as they do the correct kure arsenal paint match from where she was built Tamiya's IJN Kure Grey XF 75 will be good for the hull/superstructure,Tamiya's Hull red XF 9 is a good match,
You will also need Tamiya's Linoleum deck brown XF 79 for some of the decks. you will need other colour's for the aircraft ect.

Regards PhilCool

Thanks a lot!! They look like I read something about them. Idk why I thought they are more expensive, but the price is ok.
What is the best way to buy them? order from Tamiya website?
Yutaro HONMA
#4 Posted : 25 June 2021 05:02:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Dear tigerace

I have built some kinds scale models of modernized AKAGI, I have used SASEBO Navy yard gray on the hull.

Although AKAGI was build in KURE(呉) Navy yard first, she was modernized as a final version aircraft carrier at SASEBO(佐世保) Navy yard. This is the reason why I used SASEBO IJN gray on the hull of AKAGI.

TAMIYA color spray No.67 TS-67 is the SASEBO gray.

I attach URL of how-to-use IJN gray table below. It is written in Japanese, translation engine may help you I hope.

http://waterline.fanweb....1%84%E5%88%86%E3%81%91/

Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.