Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stage 53-1; where do the wires go? Options
Eagle
#1 Posted : 13 July 2021 14:53:57

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

The site download identifies the two front06 and 07 wires protruding in the cowl post areas, but what of the 08 and 09 cables, do they tuck underneath or hang loose out the side ?

Confused
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 13 July 2021 15:24:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I did a bit of head-scratching here too and after magnifying one of the instruction picture I found where they go.
They route under the floor to the opposite side of the car and exit under the battery box.

Roy.
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1019594.JPG
semaj
#3 Posted : 31 July 2021 21:24:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am also struggling with this, same with the front wires. Currently I have them routed as the images 8n the instructions show, but this can't be right surely as they would get trapped when the bodywork is fitted and they just don't look right loose around the wheel arches
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 01 August 2021 09:16:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I think the actual routing will become much clearer when the body starts to be added and the lights etc are connected.
semaj
#5 Posted : 15 August 2021 12:06:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The thing is, there does seem to be some obvious locations on the interior section where the wires are supposed to come through at the front and rear but the instructions show the wires coming out in the wheel arches. As you say, it could become clearer when the body is fitted in the future but due to how the rear section hinges from the very back, atm I fail to see how the wires are going to be hidden coming from where they are currently and routing to the tail lights. One wire doesn't even seem long enough unless it routes directly over the engine
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 15 August 2021 15:23:58

semaj wrote:
The thing is, there does seem to be some obvious locations on the interior section where the wires are supposed to come through at the front and rear but the instructions show the wires coming out in the wheel arches. As you say, it could become clearer when the body is fitted in the future but due to how the rear section hinges from the very back, atm I fail to see how the wires are going to be hidden coming from where they are currently and routing to the tail lights. One wire doesn't even seem long enough unless it routes directly over the engine

I agree. IF those two wires somehow go to the rear lights, then it's possible that later on, the shorter of the two might have to go back under the floor to come out on the correct side.
However, as I mentioned previously we'll find out in due course.
mortyjeff
#7 Posted : 16 August 2021 18:03:11

Not to worry, if the lights are like the ones on the Lamborghini, they will come with their own pig-tail and connector, plenty of wire (if not excess).

All will be revealed in due time.

Cool
mortyjeff attached the following image(s):
Wires.jpg