Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dodge Charger what is goin on ? Options
gmbnj
#1 Posted : 05 August 2021 13:46:49

Groups: Registered

In the final stretch with only 3 issues needed to complete but have not received any packages for months and nobody is saying anything.

However Fanhome is now advertising this model yet I can't finish my build.

Does anyone have an idea what is happening and when issues 22,23 and 24 will be available ?

Thank you
admin
#2 Posted : 05 August 2021 19:58:28

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

hey,

I'll ask. But, if I recall, pack 22 was not shipped into the US, and as a result, nothing subsequent will be shipped. I'll see if there is an ETA on it..

Best,

Mark
gmbnj
#3 Posted : 05 August 2021 20:49:02

Ok...any updates would be great.

Thank you
bfam4t6
#4 Posted : 06 August 2021 20:31:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

If it’s any help, I’m waiting on my Jag mo. 16 box, and CS just told me they’re on backorder. They get shipments to the warehouse monthly, but they don’t know what will be in the shipments.

If I’m being completely honest, I’ve come to just plan on there being unforeseen, random delays with partworks, based on my experience dealing directly with multiple consumer level distributors, as well as sourcing them from “middle-men” in international markets. At this moment, the only subscription of mine that did not have any kind of delay so far has been my Eaglemoss subscription, and just spend 60 seconds googling to find countless stories of other complaining about the tremendous delays and issues with Eaglemoss. Go figure!

I guess I just accept now that this is a niche market that will likely never have a customer service department like Macys to answer and deal with every single little issue. And to be clear, I have absolutely no paid, professional, or otherwise, association with DeAgostini, ModelSpace, or any of these companies. I’m just a giant grown up 10 year old who can finally afford all the big boy kits.

Defending the distributors aside…more transparency and updates would be nice, even if it’s just a bi-weekly update that more or less says the same thing. It at least implies that someone cares, whether or not there is any immediate solution.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

admin
#5 Posted : 07 August 2021 14:03:18

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Morning! (US side)

I try to keep you-all informed. Usually, it’s via announcing updates on stock that has come available. If there isn’t anything posted, I’ve just “let sleeping dogs lie” as it’s really disheartening to keep making “I dunno” posts.

That said, if any of you ever have questions, please feel free to PM me. August is lousy for answers, as the nation of Italy goes on vacation, and answers are not to be had.

Thanks,

Mark