Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Tamiya 1/12 F1 Lotus JPS Mk3 Options
kpnuts
#21 Posted : 08 September 2021 21:01:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

More progress on this.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
Plymouth57
#22 Posted : 08 September 2021 21:18:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

More beautiful work to drool over Ken!CoolDrool (And also nice to see someone else prefers to work barefoot on their models too!)BigGrin

Loving this one!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Kev the Modeller
#23 Posted : 09 September 2021 16:18:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Making good progress with this Ken, looking good. Such a nice, elegant shape to the Lotus 78, it's always been one of my favourites amongst the various JPS sponsored Lotus GP cars! Drool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
kpnuts
#24 Posted : 10 September 2021 20:53:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

More progress on this.

kpnuts
#25 Posted : 18 September 2021 20:16:16

Hi all back off hols so now eager to get back at this.

Whilst on hols I won a revell ex protar F1 for a really great price (yes the box is really battered but the bits all look good) I've seen one on there with a starting bid of 197 quid I paid no where near that.

Can anyone guess what it is.
roymattblack
#26 Posted : 18 September 2021 20:25:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really good Ken but your pics are upside-down or sideways...BigGrin
kpnuts
#27 Posted : 18 September 2021 20:39:38

Sorry about that Roy call it residue alcohol from hols.
kpnuts
#28 Posted : 19 September 2021 19:59:36

More progress on this.

kpnuts
#29 Posted : 23 September 2021 20:54:34

Hi all more progress, even with coating these old decals with clear I can't tell you how many pieces they break into when applied, very slow progress.

kpnuts
#30 Posted : 25 September 2021 21:13:26

Hi all (sorry Richard ) the fit of the body panels (maybe the age of the kit) is awful for tamiya standards what ive photoed here is the main body part all else is an awful fit, as this kit was a gift I'm doing my best but this will never be up with the best I've built, that's not to say I'm not enjoying the build its just a shame it won't be my best build.

roymattblack
#31 Posted : 26 September 2021 09:06:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really nice so far Ken.
I'm sure you'll get a great result.BigGrin
kpnuts
#32 Posted : 26 September 2021 19:40:51

She nears completion (I can't get that gap at the nose cone any smaller) age of the kit I guess.

roymattblack
#33 Posted : 26 September 2021 20:28:40

Is there something stopping the nose from going right back?
I'd look at whatever is inside the nose to see what might be amiss.
Just a thought.
kpnuts
#34 Posted : 26 September 2021 20:37:14

Did that Roy apart from the rad (simply because it can be seen through the intake)everything else has been removed (even the bracket holding the rad) it seems actually to be the screws and nuts of the top suspension attachments
kpnuts
#35 Posted : 28 September 2021 20:51:22

OK so these decals are 40 years old and have had a tendency to break up so last night I spent 2 hrs getting these together and was patting myself on the back about the great job I had done, only to see this morning they looked like this.

No recovery from that one, I looked on indycal but they are all printed on a black background, I'm a bit worried that it may not be the same as the black the one I've Sprayed the rest of the car with.

Anyway the rest of the decals went on OK.

kpnuts
#36 Posted : 23 October 2021 17:50:15

Well the decals arrived last week but I've been too unwell to do anything with them also the register is different so I can't lay the new ones over the old ones so I'm just going to have to settle with applying them on the side skirts only and hope the difference is not so blindingly obvious as when it's on the same plane as the rest.

goddo
#37 Posted : 23 October 2021 21:30:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Well done Ken,
Anybody that can put these together looking so good is high in my estimation.
Chris
roymattblack
#38 Posted : 24 October 2021 10:58:20

A good save Ken.
I know it will turn out great.BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#39 Posted : 24 October 2021 12:37:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Those new decals look much better Ken and they are the correct colour for the Lotus 78. That beige colour was known as 'Biscuit'. The yellow decals supplied as standard kit decals are actually the wrong colour? Have you thought about stripping those yellow decals and replacing them all with the correct 'biscuit' colour, annoying I know, but at least that way they'd all match properly and look much better for it? Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
kpnuts
#40 Posted : 24 October 2021 18:13:51

Trouble is the ones on the nosecone are cleared.
Hi all well its nearing completion (I don't think the difference in colour of the decals is too noticeable)