Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Model Space German forum chapter Options
mwb
#1 Posted : 06 October 2021 19:53:05

Groups: Registered

It has been over two weeks since the German chapter of this forum has been down.

Does ANYONE have a reasonable answer for this? Does anyone give a flip? It should not take this long for any IT department.

The German chapter has a lot of really good content that I like to follow. This is a Forum issue - so what's up?
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 06 October 2021 20:24:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Not sure what is happening but it is a shame sites that were available on here cannot be accessed now.

Maybe (and i don’t have any malice in this comment) i wonder if maybe that new forum site is on its way and some if these links have started to be moved across?

Keep hearing the name ”Fanhome” so possibly something big coming off with that?

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#3 Posted : 06 October 2021 21:45:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

birdaj2 wrote:
Not sure what is happening but it is a shame sites that were available on here cannot be accessed now.

Maybe (and i don’t have any malice in this comment) i wonder if maybe that new forum site is on its way and some if these links have started to be moved across?

Keep hearing the name ”Fanhome” so possibly something big coming off with that?

Tony

The German forum was back yesterday so am surprised to see it offline again. Am sure IT are looking at the issue....

Regards

Alan
mwb
#4 Posted : 06 October 2021 21:51:14

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the reply. A transfer would be a possibility but forums usually notify the members -maybe I missed the memo. It would be nice to get an Official explanation. You know, something like

a. we were hacked Cursing
b. our It department is a fourth grader who has been grounded Huh
c. Darn, we didn't pay the power bill Blushing
d. it's only a modeling forum - not that important Blink
e. be a good citizen and don't ask questions ThumbDown

wyatt
mwb
#5 Posted : 12 October 2021 15:17:33

Another week gone by, German chapter still down, and not one reasonable explanation. Is it too much to ask?????

wyatt
admin
#6 Posted : 12 October 2021 18:02:58

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

mwb wrote:
Another week gone by, German chapter still down, and not one reasonable explanation. Is it too much to ask?????

wyatt

The software crashed. IT has not been able to fix it, as yet, mostly due to the age of the program and the amount of data on it.

Mark

Note, I moved this to the moans page.
mwb
#7 Posted : 14 October 2021 19:00:22

OK then. Thanks.