Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Modelspace payment system Options
LM24Hrs
#1 Posted : 07 October 2021 11:11:26

Groups: Registered

I'm subscribed to the Millenium Falcon and over half way through the build and "The guns. They've stopped" so I haven't received any packs since probably July.
I rang customer service and as seems fairly normal I was fed a line that smells like a load of Moof Milk (not sure if it's pleasant or not tbh Glare )
They claim that the payment system has gone down and they can't take payments so they are testing a new one, Really did I skip through hyperspace or is this a real thing?
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 07 October 2021 14:05:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It's absolutely genuine.

Roy.
admin
#3 Posted : 07 October 2021 17:23:26

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Yeah, it real, and a total PITA!!!

Mark
bmwiggins
#4 Posted : 08 October 2021 12:53:14

LM24Hrs wrote:
I'm subscribed to the Millenium Falcon and over half way through the build and "The guns. They've stopped" so I haven't received any packs since probably July.
I rang customer service and as seems fairly normal I was fed a line that smells like a load of Moof Milk (not sure if it's pleasant or not tbh Glare )
They claim that the payment system has gone down and they can't take payments so they are testing a new one, Really did I skip through hyperspace or is this a real thing?

My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.
Built - R2D2, Thunderbird 2, X-Wing / WAS Building(Ha!)- Bailed after eight months without pack 15 - Millenium Falcon
admin
#5 Posted : 08 October 2021 15:04:41

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

bmwiggins wrote:
LM24Hrs wrote:

My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.

Please shoot me a PM with your details. I’ll see what I can find out.

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#6 Posted : 08 October 2021 15:41:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

bmwiggins wrote:

My experience exactly.

What stage are you up to? Not Pack 15 by any chance? Unsure
LM24Hrs
#7 Posted : 09 October 2021 10:34:13

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
bmwiggins wrote:

My experience exactly.

I'm upto Pack 14

Thanks all at least it's not just me
CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 09 October 2021 20:38:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Unsure Unfortunately Pack 15 has been out of stock for well over a your, so don't get your hopes up.....
bmwiggins
#9 Posted : 11 October 2021 08:23:11

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
bmwiggins wrote:

My experience exactly.

Yeah pack 15 - which is why I keep harassing CS as they need to start getting a grip on the suppliers, get a date, even if its six months from now and tell us that. I've even offered to do the job for them.
Built - R2D2, Thunderbird 2, X-Wing / WAS Building(Ha!)- Bailed after eight months without pack 15 - Millenium Falcon
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 12 October 2021 11:35:34

Sad Honestly, i feel it needs to come from DeAgostini themslves. CS just are not geared up to assist in this matter. Until someone over at head office stands up and owns this problem, and formally acknowledges the issue and their roadmap to resolve it, people will continue to leave in droves!
When Hachette had delivery issues they send out a formal apology, but absolutely nothing from DA.
Not good enough by a large margin, and i seriously hope someone forwards this comment to the team in Italy.
Nuff said!
Alfordboy17
#11 Posted : 12 October 2021 13:26:27

Groups:

Quite agree and it applies to all payment /delivery problems on all models.
We as customers need to be kept in the loop because we are the life and blood of these people as without customers DA and the like would not exist.
John
Gandale
#12 Posted : 12 October 2021 13:26:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Sad Honestly, i feel it needs to come from DeAgostini themslves. CS just are not geared up to assist in this matter. Until someone over at head office stands up and owns this problem, and formally acknowledges the issue and their roadmap to resolve it, people will continue to leave in droves!
When Hachette had delivery issues they send out a formal apology, but absolutely nothing from DA.
Not good enough by a large margin, and i seriously hope someone forwards this comment to the team in Italy.
Nuff said!

Comments on this thread are regularly highlighted to DeAg to keep them aware. It is one of the reasons it became a topic in its own right...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
CaptnBirdseye
#13 Posted : 12 October 2021 15:02:57

Gandale wrote:

Comments on this thread are regularly highlighted to DeAg to keep them aware. It is one of the reasons it became a topic in its own right...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Not sure if that makes the situation better or worse! Being the case, you would have thought some official response would have been forthcoming from Italy, or even, heaven forbid, an apology? Nothing at all smacks of indifference to their customers, which might not be the best business practice in an e-commerce world.

admin
#14 Posted : 12 October 2021 18:07:54

There is a VERY good reason behind it, and the lack of official response has nothing at all to do with “indifference.” Saying it’s just a customer issue is a bit one sided. Rather obviously, no active payment system also means that there is ZERO money coming in, so I DO suspect it’s a bit of a priority to fix.

Topic locked.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=35336

Mark