Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

GT40 - current build? Options
Exile31
#1 Posted : 25 October 2021 06:44:04

Groups: Registered

Are any GT40 packs still being dispatched? Anyone here had receipt lately? What is the last Pack number received in the UK? Sadly I have seen nothing since Pack 6 (June ‘21). Sad

I note the Official GT build hasn’t posted here since Dec ‘20?

Please note: THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. It is however a genuine and sincere request for help, advice, assistance even from whoever is in a position to comment. Please do not lock or delete this Post also - rather I was banned! A Forum where polite free speech is suppressed would not be a Forum I had any interest in belonging to.
"If you can smile when things go wrong - you have someone in mind to blame."
semaj
#2 Posted : 25 October 2021 16:29:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I'm currently waiting for pack 19 I think it is which should be due soon, presuming there are no holdups. I think I got pack 18 at the beginning of September. Everything has been like clockwork here. I would be calling them up if I hadn't received anything for that long
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
nickc78
#3 Posted : 25 October 2021 16:56:41

semaj wrote:
I'm currently waiting for pack 19 I think it is which should be due soon, presuming there are no holdups. I think I got pack 18 at the beginning of September. Everything has been like clockwork here. I would be calling them up if I hadn't received anything for that long

Are you in the U.K. semaj? I was told by Model Space U.K. customer service that no one was getting deliveries due to an ongoing payment issue. To be honest I feel like they are just fobbing me off now. Haven’t received any packs for over 3 months 😢
Exile31
#4 Posted : 25 October 2021 18:59:10

semaj wrote:
I'm currently waiting for pack 19…. I would be calling them up if I hadn't received anything for that long

Thank you for the info semaj. Good to hear the Build continues. I’ve done as you suggest.
Exile31
#5 Posted : 26 October 2021 11:01:55

To those of you - like me - currently in limbo but keen to continue the GT40 build this might be of interest.

As suggested I contacted CS:

Dear *****,

Would you please bring me up to date regarding my Subscription to the GT40. I have received no parts since last June and am increasingly more and more concerned as to the prospect of ever seeing this model completed.

As previously indicated I am prepared to alter or amend my current payment system - with which it seems you have a major problem - if that would be of assistance.

I just want a return to a monthly receipt of parts as subscribed to. When delivery recommences will I be offered all the months missed since June?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Paul.

A prompt helpful response today from CS:

“We are sorry about the continued delay and unfortunately this affects all our customers that are paying by card. We cannot offer an alternative payment method at this time , we have requested further information as to how payments will resume and how many payments will be requested but until the system is working we cannot answer this question. DeAgostini have stated that they are using a new carrier company but until all security checks are completed they will not attempt payment requests.”

So there you have it. We wait but in the hope of actually being able to continue.
mortyjeff
#6 Posted : 26 October 2021 15:40:24

This might not help there in the UK,

Here in the US, I received Kit 17 in early October, and am confident Kit 18 will be billed and delivered in the next couple of weeks.
I am hoping that this current trend will continue, as I am looking forward to the completion of this model.

Good Luck to all,
Cool
MrObsessive
#7 Posted : 29 October 2021 02:33:46

I'm also here in the US and I got pack #19 one day last week. I have to say that I've been getting regular shipments for the last few months now after not receiving anything for some time.

Hope this is of some help. I do get nervous when things are not shipped as I just got burned by Eaglemoss after not getting anything from them in over a YEAR with their Mercedes Gullwing. I ended up buying the entire kit from a seller in France out of disgust and I'll probably never buy from Eaglemoss again.
admin
#8 Posted : 29 October 2021 06:00:01

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

MrObsessive wrote:
I'm also here in the US and I got pack #19 one day last week. I have to say that I've been getting regular shipments for the last few months now after not receiving anything for some time.

Hope this is of some help. I do get nervous when things are not shipped as I just got burned by Eaglemoss after not getting anything from them in over a YEAR with their Mercedes Gullwing. I ended up buying the entire kit from a seller in France out of disgust and I'll probably never buy from Eaglemoss again.

I’ve got the Gullwing also, and it is a superb build. If you REALLY want to torture yourself, Google the Salvation W196, and I’m assuming you’ve heard about the LeGrand Mercedes 300SL Uhlenhaut?

Yeah..Eaglemoss. As long as it’s not EM US, you’re ok. I subbed my 300 out of Germany, and it was smooth as silk.

Cheers,

Mark
semaj
#9 Posted : 18 November 2021 12:23:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

So it's been 2 months now since my last delivery and I have started getting emails telling me I need to update my card payment details - I have never paid by card and always used PayPal as my preferred payment method. They are saying they can't take any other payment method other than card. This is a JOKE, not only has my sub been suspended due to their internal problems, the model is completely wrong (how it passed licencing I do not know). So now I'm left with a 3/4 built model I can't finish. Joke. People slate other companies because of incompetence but this takes the biscuit and shoots right to the top of the pile. If im honest I've had the most problems with anything from model space/de agostini.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'