Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Revell 1/12 Ferrari 312T Options
kpnuts
#21 Posted : 13 November 2021 21:11:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well something wrong with the geometry here.

After a lot of head scratching (and I mean a lot) it suddenly dawned on me, dah, I had the hubs transposed.

One of the many reasons I love my job (99%of our work is Porsche) but we do get other rare stuff through like a 1955 Ferrari monza 750 engine (the car was destroyed)

It's taken 4 years to get the parts together and repair the gearbox (which was destroyed, was actually the cause of the crash)Well now we have all the parts and are rebuilding it in my workplace I'm a no one my title is Caretaker \ workshop assistant (I'm never made to feel like that)like many of us I've stripped and rebuilt many engines but have no qualifications and most of my experience is in motorcycles (I've customised many in my life)

I've never worked anywhere where please and thank you are so often heard, I was given these parts to clean from the 750 engine, I feel so privileged to be working on such iconic engines and cars.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/WxQ61d1/IMG-8960.jpg" alt=""/>

You will notice (which surprises me) it uses a multiple wet plate clutch(I thought they only used them in motorcycle)
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#22 Posted : 14 November 2021 19:19:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all I decided to give my modelling area a long over due clean up.

Did a bit more to the 312 too

roymattblack
#23 Posted : 14 November 2021 19:23:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Crikey - I hardly dare show my hidey-hole...
You put me to shame Ken.
I really DO need to tidy up...LOL LOL LOL
Kev the Modeller
#24 Posted : 17 November 2021 21:56:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good Ken. The Ferrari 312T is an all time classic amongst racing cars!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
kpnuts
#25 Posted : 09 December 2021 21:31:07

Hi all well I've been unable to login for a while so this has progressed quite a bit in the meantime.

Glad to be back.
kpnuts
#26 Posted : 17 December 2021 21:40:43

Nearly done just the rear light and a few decals to add.