Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

VR Board Differences? Options
AdamE
#1 Posted : 01 December 2021 00:00:38

Groups: Registered

Hi all... I was having a think...

As the VR board is manufactured by RayTron (http://www.raytron.co.jp/) I fired them a message to see if they had any info - but have not received a reply as yet.

I was looking at the English and Japanese boards, and other than a few printed numbers (probably designating them as whichever language) I can't see much difference at all.. and was wondering if they are simply 'Programmed' as either? I can't see that the code would be hard coded on the chips as it seems to be a commercially available technology to use in other projects too.

Which lead me to thinking CAN THEY BE REPROGRAMMED? This would certainly solve the issue of the lack of English (and presumably Italian) boards!

Anyone got any ideas where I would go to find further info as It is unlikely Model-Space/DeAgostini would know.
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 01 December 2021 02:39:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I highly doubt they could be reprogrammed and even if they could I doubt the manufacturer would give you the coding

Carl
AdamE
#3 Posted : 18 December 2021 22:34:48

Groups: Registered

I'll try and contact Robo-Garage - see if they can help.

Managed to get another English Robi - but there would definitely be a market for more!