Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Print a Wheel Balancer Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 17 December 2021 12:23:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Modifying models is no longer enough. Accessories are needed. For my models, I build a diorama depending on the topic. Then there are tools like here. The showcases that I build for my models should look a bit interesting. Here I have now built a wheel balancing machine. It should not only stand around statically, but also function. So I printed out the individual parts and got the right "ingredients". A suitable electric motor, drive shafts, LED, S fiber optic cable. With a little modification, I was able to install the motor with shaft. Optical fibers for the control lights were laid, and finally the whole thing was painted. The best thing is the system works, and all tire sizes fit on the shaft. This is just a gimmick, a bigger one will follow as soon as Santa Claus delivers the next two printers to me.BigGrin BigGrin

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 17 December 2021 22:48:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Another work of art Andreas

Carl

Markwarren
#3 Posted : 18 December 2021 10:47:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

They look great, just shows what you can achieve with a little imagination.Love Love Love

Mark
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 18 December 2021 19:26:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I really ought to get in to 3D printing, considering the amount of scratch stuff I make.
Your work is brilliant.
admin
#5 Posted : 19 December 2021 07:49:26

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good lord, Andreas, that is great! Nice!!

Mark
Andreas
#6 Posted : 19 December 2021 08:05:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Thanks Mark,RoyBigGrin
When I think back nostalgically how we started with model making years and years agoBigGrin . We went to the store, bought a model airplane in a cardboard box and a tube of glue. Go home, cut parts out of the frame, glue the parts together, paint and water slide decalls on it,Done!. And in the end we were proud. Now we are already moving into other dimensions when it comes to model making. There are so many accessories, modifications and techniques. Now its the 3 D printing. Printers are already available for 160 euros,like the Ender Pro 3. And these printers are damn good. At the beginning I also had zero clue, but when you tackle the topic you learn it very quickly. Meanwhile I also write my own STL files, but you can't get enough and so you upgrade our Equipmnet. I currently have three printers in use and they have long drained the investments i did. I get a lot of inquiries via social media whether I can print something for someone. I'm in a French group where we build the Bugatti Veyron, and I've already printed a lot for the guys in France. Now I'm upgrading again and gave myself a Creality 3D print scanner with a turntable for Christmas. This will come in time on Wednesday. This gives me other options, and above all I save a lot of time when creating STL files. All in all on the subject of 3D printing, everyone, everyone can learn that if they want. This is no rocket science. There are now enough programs to learn and design yourself.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 19 December 2021 18:11:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Andreas, BigGrin

The wheel balancer is great and that scanner looks like a fantastic bit of kit.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

You have inspired me to take my 3D designing to the next level (using Tinkercad till now) and to that end I`ve started experimenting with "Openscad". The tutorials are very good, its just my 66 year old brain that needs to catch up, but I`m getting there and learning by my mistakes.

I`m looking to produce some deck protectors for my cruisers stern corners to protect from the mooring lines. So far have the basic plate constructed, now need to add some refinements.

I`ve got till the spring to get them done so should be able to get my ageing brain round it by then. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thanks for the inspiration, ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"