Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ferrari 312T4 Instructions Options
gdub
#1 Posted : 20 January 2022 16:23:09

Groups: Registered

Ferrari 312T4
Page 204 from instructions (see attached). At the top of the page, where is this clear tube comining from that is going into the left side radiator with that rednozzle? And at the bottom of the page. Where are those 2 tubes (one black, and one clear) going into behind the steering wheel column and where are they coming from. The directions are not clear on this. Thanks for any help
GWN
gdub attached the following image(s):
Pages from PACK06_F312-T4_ENG-012022.jpg
Eagle
#2 Posted : 20 January 2022 20:00:46

Red Medal: Red Medal

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4546168748796007&set=pcb.1314556435682043/img]The black tube will be addressed later in your build; but the two clear tubes coming off the injector connection behind the distributor should go to the front on the right side. The expansion tank should have additional connections and I think the radiator tube should connect there, but not 100% sure-- check out this 312T$ forum for Changs high res photos
:https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4546168748796007&set=pcb.1314556435682043
File Attachment(s):
Plymouth57
#3 Posted : 20 January 2022 22:12:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi GWN and Eagle!
I've got a long way to go before I get to this part but Eagle is correct. All my reference pics I've found on the internet show the two long tubes coming off the oil filter (big blue bottle thing) go down the right hand side of the cockpit (still have to find out where they go to though!)
The expansion vessel or tank instead of just sitting on the firewall has five connectors. So far I've found out the one on the filler cap neck goes down into a conduit tube between the right hand side tank and the radiator behind it and the one on the left goes behind the alternator and round the left side of the cockpit where I think, like Eagle it connects on to that nozzle and the radiator (that's where I'm sticking mine anyway!)BigGrin
You'd think somewhere on the net there would be a circuit or flow diagram showing where everything goes/went!Blink
Yours is looking great!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
gdub
#4 Posted : 21 January 2022 21:01:37

Thanks guys! So one of the 2 clear pipes goes into the lef hand radiator with red nozzle and the other one follows same path to the expansion tank / vessel on the firewall? Where is that again? It appears in my posted photo it goes behind the steering column
Thanks Again!
GWN
Plymouth57
#5 Posted : 21 January 2022 22:00:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi again GWN!
As far as I can determine so far (I'm only at the steering wheel section at the moment), the two clear tubes from the blue oil filter actually both go down the right hand side of the cockpit, not the left as shown in the instructions - where they go from there I've still got to find out but presumably it goes behind the steering column as shown but from the other side of the car!
The tube which connects to the left hand radiator is the one coming from the expansion vessel which the kit doesn't actually provide. If you check out post number 103 on Page 6 of my build diary here at Model Space you can see the expansion vessel on the firewall with the extra connectors added in. The tubing coming out of the left hand side towards the rear of the vessel is the one I think should actually go to the red radiator nozzle. It comes out of the expansion vessel, passes between the alternator and the firewall and then goes around the left side of the cockpit following the same route as the clear tube shown in the instructions.
Its all getting very complicated - especially when I've never built a racing car before!Blushing

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
gdub
#6 Posted : 21 January 2022 22:20:33

Thanks a million. This is my first modelspace model car and i am having a blast. These Ferrari 312T's are my absolutely favorite cars ever. I have several Tamiya models that i have done from these 312s but this is my first modelspace 1/8 scale. Cheers. I will keep in touch and let you know how i making out on this
Thanks
GWN