Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Pack19 (5 more to go) Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 23 January 2022 17:18:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Good day all, and welcome to pack 19 of the GT-40 Build.

As I stated a warning in packs 17 and 18.....Still keep the wheels unattached or you will have broken parts.

This step was relatively easy. Before I started the assembly process of steps 81,82 and 83. I painted the pipes in Tamays X-10 (Gun Metal). This took away from the toyish effect of the plastic black pipes. After the paint dried, I assembled the parts as per the instructions.
You will need a little CA glue to keep the pipes on parts 83A. There seems to be a bit of a gap, but adding a little CA glue took care of the problem.
When it came to step 84, I did something a little different. I painted the distributor cap in a gloss blue color. With hindsight being 2020, you will not be able to see it, but it is done.

With regards to the spark plug wires. I used a thick black thread or black tie to for the wires and created a harness. This came in handy for the wiring. Also, I cut little pieces from the spark plug wires to make the harness a little easier to work on. 4 was the longest wire, 3 I cut a little off, 2 a little more off and 1 some more off. while you are putting the wires in the lynch pins, add a tiny bit of glue. This will prevent the cables from detaching from the lynch pins.

I hope you will enjoy this part.......Only 5 more packs to go. See you on packs 20 and hopefully 21

[/size][/size]
bojazz attached the following image(s):
Deago 1.jpg
Deago 2.jpg
Deago 3.jpg
Deago 4.jpg
Deago 5.jpg
Deago 6.jpg