Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bi-Lingual Robi in SIngapore Options
AdamE
#1 Posted : 04 March 2022 23:06:04

Groups: Registered

Hi All.

Wow it is super quiet in here lately! I am still having some balance issues on my two latest Robi... little sods insist on falling over when dancing or trying to stand on one leg! No matter how I pack the foot servo it doesn't help!

By pure luck (thanks random Google search) I have just acquired a couple of VR boards from Singapore that purport to be Bi-Lingual (English & Mandarin), along with a tonne of other brand new unopened managazine with spares from half an un-built Robi project.

Has anyone else got one of these Bi-Lingual Robi up and running? I won't get the parts until mid March as they are being brought back to the UK for me in luggage (to save postage costs).

It's going to be fun if he can speak AND recognise all commands in both languages!
admin
#2 Posted : 05 March 2022 14:05:37

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

It has been quiet. Not much new product to show, people finally engaging with the world, and a little too much world to deal with right now.

Looks like you’ve made a hobby out of Robi!

Best,

Mark
AdamE
#3 Posted : 06 March 2022 23:47:29

Groups: Registered

Haha yea I have got a real affection for the little guys now. Having rebuilt several of them now I am amazed at how much they do with so few components! Genius.

With any luck the English VR boards will be with us again soon (just waiting on word from Takahashi directly) and so that re-opens up a whole region to Robi again!