Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Borodino Options
budgie
#1 Posted : 06 March 2022 10:54:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

practice add pics from Imgur

budgie
#2 Posted : 06 March 2022 18:24:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

lower hull construction

budgie
#3 Posted : 13 March 2022 14:47:21

Upper hull parts

Joining frames and decks but not glued yet

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 13 March 2022 19:40:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Wow this is taking shape fast and looks good.

WTG

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

budgie
#5 Posted : 14 March 2022 09:40:57

BigGrin Thanks for taking the time to comment Derek appreciated

Progress will slow down as I strengthen the frames

Deck in place but not glued as not sure to plank on top of deck or remove card where the planking lies to allow for thickness of wood

Cool Came across a post by Z800??? on the Vic diaries with regards to uploading pics via imgur.Cool
Thanks for that

Only problem now is although I can see what I have posted I cannot see what others have
Crying Refresh, refresh, refresh give upCrying

Thanks for lookin'

Plymouth57
#6 Posted : 14 March 2022 21:34:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Another one!!!Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Beautiful work as always Budgie, so clean looking!
I know what you mean, just uploaded the latest part on the Ferrari, got the photo to come up on the fourth refresh!Blink
Despite that its always amazing just how fast the photos actually upload though!

Keep them coming!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
budgie
#7 Posted : 17 March 2022 09:01:29

BigGrin Thanks for popping by Robin

Superstructure decks and frames dry assembly

Gibbo
#8 Posted : 19 March 2022 23:42:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow you're flying through this, looking forward to see how this progresses, always fancied doing a card model.
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Markwarren
#9 Posted : 20 March 2022 10:02:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I’m always amazed at these kits and how they turn out. Very clean and tidy work you’ve done. Looks amazing.Love Love Drool

Mark
budgie
#10 Posted : 20 March 2022 12:03:39

BigGrin Thanks for looking Gents and taking the time to comment

Progress will slow down

I can spend quite a lot of time sat in the car twiddling my thumbs waiting for my next call to come in

So I bring a few bits n bobs with me to cut out some of the parts, that saves a lot of my own timeCool

Balsa used to fill in fore n aft sections.

Getting close to the template edges so will need to take my time and show a bit of patience especially the round parts for the prop shaft

Don't want them looking like a 20 pence pieceLOL

I have decided to plank using 1mm lime strips rather than use the card templates

If i used card i would have to place strips between the frames to prevent the templates sagging inwards giving the 'starved cow' effect

budgie
#11 Posted : 10 April 2022 11:42:40

BigGrin Hi Folks
progressing slowly with planking and cutting out templates

Added metal washers to try and keep prop shaft round,
don't want it to end up like a thruppeny bit when sandingLOL