Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Completed HMS Bounty 1:48 Options
tenderfoot
#1 Posted : 09 March 2022 00:24:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Registered

Completed this build about two months ago. It was quite enjoyable and offered new opportunities for me to improve on my ship building skills. Lots of photos to share, but please excuse the quality as I only have a smart phone and the ambient room light to work with.

Just about as enjoyable as the build itself was sharing the progress in a build library. You can check out the progress from start to finish at https://forum.us.model-s...aspx?g=posts&t=34942
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.
• HMS Bounty Admiralty (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN PROGRESS:
• USS Constitution (DeAgostini Subscription) - View the build diary.

IN NEED OF MY LOVE AND ATTENTION:
• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
tenderfoot
#2 Posted : 09 March 2022 00:25:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Here are some random shots in no particular order...
tenderfoot attached the following image(s):
IMG_0902.jpg
IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_0912.jpg
IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0919.jpg
IMG_0921.jpg
COMPLETED:
• HMS Victory (DeAgostini Subscription) - if you haven't got it, get it...what a beautiful build. This was my first attempt at this stuff and what a great experience. The instructions were spot on for those new to the hobby.

IN PROGRESS:

• HMS Sovereign of the Seas (DeAgostini Subscription) - promise myself I will get to this after I finish the USS Constitution and the HMS Bounty. Need to maintain balance in my marriage.
tenderfoot
#3 Posted : 09 March 2022 00:27:53

Few more angles...
IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0932.jpg
IMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg
IMG_0937.jpg
IMG_0943.jpg
COMPLETED:

IN PROGRESS:

tenderfoot
#4 Posted : 09 March 2022 00:29:54

And the last few...
IMG_0917.jpg
IMG_0918.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg
COMPLETED:

IN PROGRESS:

tenderfoot
#5 Posted : 09 March 2022 00:31:55

Once the weather warms up here in the Chicagoland area I will begin work on a nice display case. Until then I will simply enjoy it sitting on my nightstand. Hopefully it won't attract too much dust over the next couple months.

Again, this was a really enjoyable build and actually a nice break from a full fledged ship. Wasn't sure how I would like it, but the break from all the standing and running rigging was quite nice. Plus, this build definitely highlights other aspects of the ship beyond the ribs. I would recommend this build for anyone and found that it was also suitable for beginners who have the patience for this type of thing. Sure, mistakes will be made - and my, my do I highlight them in my build diary - but that is all part of the process and if you are anything like me you learn from it and become better.
COMPLETED:

IN PROGRESS:

kpnuts
#6 Posted : 09 March 2022 07:09:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks beautiful, well done.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 09 March 2022 09:55:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Excellent work throughout giving the outstanding end result.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Congrats on your "RED" medal for a finished build. Wink ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#8 Posted : 09 March 2022 20:04:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Very nicely done.
Congratulations on another fine build.
Chris