Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Tamiya 1/12 Martini Porsche 935 Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 02 April 2022 17:17:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all just won this on ebay(won't be starting it for a while as this covid is doing a real job on me atm)

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 02 April 2022 17:41:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It's a really nice kit.
I built one a year or so ago. The build is here somewhere.
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 05 April 2022 20:36:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

OK so I've made a start, strangely for a Tamiya kit there are some horrid seams on the front end.

Nothing is glued in the front yet, I've masked the inside of the fuel tank and tried to replicate some fuel in there.

I won't be gluing the oil tank cage in until I've finished the tank (I remember that from the Vaillant build)

kpnuts
#4 Posted : 06 April 2022 20:53:16

OK so as you can see I'm not building this as a showroom car but rather as one that has just finished a race.

roymattblack
#5 Posted : 06 April 2022 22:39:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Another lovely update Ken.
It's guys like you helping to keep it all alive here.

MORE - PLEASE...!

Roy.
kpnuts
#6 Posted : 08 April 2022 20:18:33

Hi all added battery cables.

and starter motor cables.

I've got to say I'm super happy with the metal effects on this. The casings would be made of magnesium and I've worked up close and personal on hundreds of these and I don't think I could get more realistic results, I tried a different approach, normally I use ABT engine grease thinned down to a wash but I didn't want to disturb the mig steel colour I had used which I know white spirit based wash would so I tried a wash of vallejo engine grey over it. I'm loving the result, I can see me using this again.

kpnuts
#7 Posted : 09 April 2022 21:04:20

I've added the advance retard pipe to the dizzy (assuming you can see it)

Sprayed some the body

More work on the engine.

kpnuts
#8 Posted : 10 April 2022 19:13:58

Did some work on the fuel pump, Tamiya would have you use plastic tube for the fuel lines whereas they are metal on the real thing.

Since I've used artistic licence already and depicted gold plated nuts and bolts I decided to depict gold plated fuel lines too.

Markwarren
#9 Posted : 10 April 2022 19:55:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

very nice work Ken, looks very realistic.Love Love

Mark
GlynD
#10 Posted : 11 April 2022 18:02:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That engine looks superb KP
kpnuts
#11 Posted : 14 April 2022 15:59:07

Made a start on the turbos and ancillary parts.

kpnuts
#12 Posted : 18 April 2022 20:38:19

Hi all well I'm back from Scotland so did some work on this today, this is as much detail as the kit supplies I've done a trial fit in the body to see how it looks, I've got more pipework and wiring to add yet.

RM1
#13 Posted : 19 April 2022 15:11:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That power unit's looking great. Really like the detailing of the pipes, wires etc. that you've done.
Malc.
kpnuts
#14 Posted : 19 April 2022 20:49:07

Thanks malc I'm hoping to add a lot more.
kpnuts
#15 Posted : 20 April 2022 21:07:05

Added some of the missing pipework, did the first bit of masking, started weathering the underneath and started on the brakes.

And a trial fit of the rear end.

kpnuts
#16 Posted : 22 April 2022 20:50:33

Hi all added the crossover pipes for the calipers 

And added the bleed nipples

And did some work on the suspension 

Just need to talk to the blokes at work for the routing of the brake pipes.
kpnuts
#17 Posted : 24 April 2022 21:27:10

Hi all I've added some of the missing details to the fire suppression system.

And added a few other missing details.

kpnuts
#18 Posted : 25 April 2022 21:01:49

Added a few decals 

And a try of the body 

I'm really enjoying this kit, I quite like the look of this car.
Plymouth57
#19 Posted : 25 April 2022 21:45:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I love this! Those details on the fire suppression system (talk of the devil!BigGrin ) and especially the fluid tanks 'filled' are the work of a master!Cool Cool Cool
Beautiful work Ken!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
RM1
#20 Posted : 26 April 2022 15:35:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Again..lovely detailing on the Brake calipers and the extinguisher system. The body is looking a treat. It's going to be a great looking car when finished.
Malc.