Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Pack 22 and door fit issues? Options
Eagle
#1 Posted : 08 April 2022 00:49:31

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Pack 22 arrived today here in the US: The doors do not fit well into the roof section, I highly recommend applying tape to the upper door edge while assembling to protect the paint edges. Anyone else having door fit issues on this stage, and what did you do to improve the fit. I think I may need to elongate the hinge pillar holes to get more door adjustment.
Andreas
#2 Posted : 08 April 2022 08:16:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

I finished building the Ford a few weeks ago. Then I dealt with the doors, because I didn't quite like the way the doors were closed either. Here I made my own door seals. The arrows show you where I placed them. You simply take shrink tubing, cut it in half , and stick it in the frame with a little bit off superglue, the problem is solved. No more rattling, best fit and the paintwork on the frames and doors is also protected

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 08 April 2022 16:04:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

That's a great tip Andreas.
I haven't reached that point yet but it will be a mod I'll be looking at.BigGrin
GlynD
#4 Posted : 08 April 2022 20:47:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for the heads up guys the finished model really looks superb
admin
#5 Posted : 09 April 2022 05:50:06

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

This is awesome, Andreas! Simple fix.

Thanks for posting!

Mark
semaj
#6 Posted : 21 May 2022 19:41:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

When I came to this stage, one of my doors fitted perfectly but the other wouldn't open/close properly, nothing seemed to line up or anything and it just wouldn't fully shut. It turns out that I have fitted the hinge bracket the wrong way around right at the beginning of the build. Stripped the door down, removed the hinge bracket, turned it around and re assumed everything. Hey presto, the door is a perfect fit.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'