Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Is This e-mail genuine ? Options
Davout
#1 Posted : 08 April 2022 21:30:31

Groups: Registered

I received this email from De Agostini this morning, has anyone else been sent it and is it genuine ?

We are reaching you from Customer Service of Model Space – De Agostini regarding the collection you have with us.

As we are moving to a new warehouse to accommodate our growing business, and since this may result in some delivery delays, we would like to offer you the possibility of completing your subscription faster than expected with a 20% discount.

You can receive all the rest of the parts of your model in one single shipment for a special price.

Hurry up to take advantage of this special offer, reply to this email within April 20th, 2022 as this proposal is limited.

Do not worry if you won't be among the first lucky customers: the discount will still be active, but the shipments of the parcels could take some time since we are checking the stock availability. However, you will receive the remaining parcels in one shipment only within the next months.

Thank you for your time and for choosing Model Space,

Have a nice day!

Model Space – De Agostini

Customer Service

roymattblack
#2 Posted : 08 April 2022 22:11:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It seems ok...
Approved by Admin.
admin
#3 Posted : 09 April 2022 05:41:02

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I was part of the email string with Italy on this. It’s completely legit. (As I recall. I had my booster yesterday, and it kicked my patootie)

Mark
semaj
#4 Posted : 12 April 2022 16:33:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I've had this email too. How do I get the offer? I sent a reply to the email, is that correct? The email doesn't exactly explain what to do
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
admin
#5 Posted : 12 April 2022 16:39:23

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That should be all you need to do. They’ll be getting back with you.

Mark
Davout
#6 Posted : 12 April 2022 20:10:21

I have received a reply to my email accepting their offer to complete my model quickly, and was advised that the 20% reduction only applied to the FORD GT40 Premium subscription. I wasn't even aware that there was a premium subscription available !
walters1939
#7 Posted : 12 April 2022 22:12:14

I am currently building the Ford GT and haven't received any shipments in 2 months. I sent an email requesting an update several days ago but have not received any reply. I can't find a US phone number to call or I would. I have run in to the same problem with Eaglemoss on their MB 300SL kit and I now have one half built with no shipments in over a year. Sure hope Model Space isn't going in the same direction.
admin
#8 Posted : 13 April 2022 05:02:23

walters1939 wrote:
I am currently building the Ford GT and haven't received any shipments in 2 months. I sent an email requesting an update several days ago but have not received any reply. I can't find a US phone number to call or I would. I have run in to the same problem with Eaglemoss on their MB 300SL kit and I now have one half built with no shipments in over a year. Sure hope Model Space isn't going in the same direction.

Here you go!

(877) 544-6779

Also, shoot myself or Glenn (Silent_Running) a PM with your details.
Best,

Mark
GlynD
#9 Posted : 13 April 2022 17:18:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

My GT40 subscription is apparently a “premium subscription “ but I have no idea what that means or if there is a lower or higher spec version
eddieadams
#10 Posted : 17 May 2022 13:03:46

I've now received the same email. Did you take up the offer? How long did it take them to respond?

In my email I was asked what parts I was up to then got a response saying they will be in contact with the instructions for a bank transfer... Not sure about that given their recent issues

Has anyone taken up the offer and had the parts successfully delivered?
CaptnBirdseye
#11 Posted : 17 May 2022 16:44:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I've had this email, along with a few others it looks like. They have replied, just saying they will be in touch soon with amount required. Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same as you, and asked the question about when the money is taken -ie just prior to dispatch, but that went unanswered Huh

If i decide to do it, i will pay on credit card, just for the peace of mind. saying that, i don't truly beleive they would take the money and not deliver Blink
eddieadams
#12 Posted : 17 May 2022 17:13:35

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
I've had this email, along with a few others it looks like. They have replied, just saying they will be in touch soon with amount required. Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same as you, and asked the question about when the money is taken -ie just prior to dispatch, but that went unanswered Huh

If i decide to do it, i will pay on credit card, just for the peace of mind. saying that, i don't truly beleive they would take the money and not deliver Blink

Yes I agree, I'm not suggesting it is anything malicious and would 100% go through with it if I can pay via credit card, debit card or paypal (for buyer protection). But not keen on doing a bank transfer.
CaptnBirdseye
#13 Posted : 17 May 2022 19:23:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

No I wouldn’t do a bank transfer either Scared
nickc78
#14 Posted : 18 May 2022 11:24:04

I took up the offer and had a reply on Monday. Yesterday, DeAgostini charged my credit card with what I assume is the remaining cost without any email confirming the outstanding balance or details of bank transfer. Would have been nice to have at least had an email from them.

Also the amount charged doesn’t seem to reflect the 20% discount that was offered and higher than I was expecting.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
CaptnBirdseye
#15 Posted : 18 May 2022 12:40:17

Sneaky If it were me Nick, I think i would be giving them a ring!
GlynD
#16 Posted : 18 May 2022 20:15:43

I received the emails a few weeks ago but my deliveries have started again with 19 and 20 so I decided not to complicate matters any more than necessary fingers crossed that the change of warehouse doesn’t mess things up again
eddieadams
#17 Posted : 30 May 2022 15:08:29

Just got randomly billed for £79, no comms from deag
roymattblack
#18 Posted : 30 May 2022 15:27:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

eddieadams wrote:

Contact CS and enquire what it's for.
eddieadams
#19 Posted : 30 May 2022 17:18:07

roymattblack wrote:
eddieadams wrote:

Contact CS and enquire what it's for.

I'm patient enough to wait a couple of weeks to see what turns up but not patient enough to spend hours talking to CS who are rarely able to provide answers. Nothing against CS, they have always been very pleasant to deal with and professional and 100% not their fault, deag clearly have major communication issues and have treated Modelspace CS very badly.

I was paying 49.99 a month for the sub, the charge that has been applied today is that times two minus 20% so have a feeling I have 2 packs on the way at the discounted price. Still 8 packs short after that though. Very strange.
GlynD
#20 Posted : 02 June 2022 13:49:45

I had a phone call from DeAgostini yesterday advising me that they had attempted to take a payment for the remaining issues which struck me as being a bit odd as I hadn’t replied to the email with the offer as deliveries had recomensed and I I was happy to continue.