Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Pack 22 (2 more to go) Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 15 April 2022 18:17:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Pack 22........Now We are seeing some progress and this issue comes with some warnings and an old reference

Again and before we start this stage and skip to a single stage in Pack 21........... I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE REAR WHEELS OFF THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION. IF YOU WORK WITH THE WHEELS ON, YOU WILL HAVE DAMAGED PARTS!!!!!!!!!

Let's get this build going. In Step 96 the windshield should be added later when you finish with all the parts and door installations (this is a major old reference mention) and you will thank me later.

So let's get started.........
I began to install the parts from Stage 97. On parts 97 D,E,F,H - I added my typical black panel liner on the bolt patterns to give them definition (see picture below).

In Stage 98 we are going to attach the doors. Now we will take the unbuilt parts for the doors these Stage 4 in Pack 2. THIS IS FOR THE RIGHT DOOR. Stages were 12 and 13 in Pack 4, Stages 14 and 15 In Pack 5. THIS IS FOR THE LEFT DOOR.

The reason why I said do not build these doors were because the door hinge position is unclear in the earlier part of the instructions. If you put the hinge in the wrong way the doors will not line up and you will scratch the finish of the body. In Pack 2 Stage 4 parts "H" and "I" should he lightly installed then Use Parts 97-B in Pack 22 to temporary secure to the body. From that point you will see if the hinge is in the correct position and door is in alignment. If it is not just reverse the hinge. If it all works the build up all the parts for the right door.

Now that you have the idea of how the hinge placement works. Complete the left and right doors.

Mount the doors to the frame and you will see why I said do the windshield LAST. When all the stages are done Stage 97 and 98. Install the windshield and then attach part 97C. As you can see. You did not scratch the windshield.
Added note: Use a painters tape to hold the doors in place while you do the next steps.

Mount the central section in Stage 99 1 through 3. All is installed.

In Stage 100 we are going to add the left platform to the frame. Remember you will need to make sure the headlight wire is on the outside after you mount this panel. Personal note: I took a small hobby file (or an X-Acto knife can be used), and created a little dimple in the plastic well so the wire will not pinch when the panel is mounted. Now you will see the font of the number 6 will not line up properly. This can be corrected with a decal (Please contact roymattblack through the forum).

or

If you have patience, tape and an artist marker (Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen in black "S" point) You could widen the offset. The pen is an indian ink so you will have to let it dry (see pictures).

I would highly recommend Installing Part 98B you have completed the full body installation.

Again trust me on this one; Or you will be doing a Samuel Jackson rehearsal audition!!!!!!!!!!!
bojazz attached the following image(s):
Deago 1.jpg
Deago 2.jpg
Deago 3.jpg
Deago 4.jpg
Deago 5.jpg
admin
#2 Posted : 23 April 2022 06:31:49

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Andreas, over on the German Forums, had a nifty add on for door seals. He used heat shrink tube, and split it down the center, then just wrapped it around the body door sill, and glued it in place.

Looks great!

Mark
MASTER-BUILDER
#3 Posted : 15 August 2022 18:35:19

Groups: Registered

Does any forum member know if joe Bergman has left the forum as no posts or updates since April
Thanks