Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Occre AEC Bus B-Type 1:24 scale Options
Blighty
#1 Posted : 20 May 2022 15:12:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all,
After completing the OcCre Stephenson's Rocket kit my thirst for modelling had not been satisfied.................so, I just ordered from UK another OcCre kit, the London bus, circa 1910. Looks another great kit from OcCre, I spied a couple of build logs and the builders seemed to glean great pleasure from there efforts. I'll follow up with another build log just as soon as it arrives and I have something to show. I'm not sure how popular this kit has been on this site but if I can't find much info I will create a log from box opening and more detail than my last log.
Hooe you come on board and find interest in this build.

Blighty
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 20 May 2022 15:24:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Blighty, BigGrin

Bring it on I`m up for following this one. Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 20 May 2022 15:38:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Another Occre kit. Great stuff.
I'm already looking forward to it.BigGrin
GilShapley
#4 Posted : 20 May 2022 17:05:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I've got the London L.C.C. 106 ready for my next build. The only issue I've have is that although there are plenty of pictures the instructions are in Spanish !!!!!

After some searching I was able to find them in English on the OcCre web site. It does need a bit of searching. Their site is also in Spanish but I used Google translate ThumpUp ThumpUp The instructions I found are multi language.

Try this link

https://occre.com/pages/abre-un-kit

Looking forward to your build

Gil
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 22 May 2022 08:52:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

After what you did with the Stephensons Rocket, I’m looking forward this.ThumpUp

Mark
Blighty
#6 Posted : 27 May 2022 12:49:13

Wow! just looked in to post an update and saw the responses from you guys, thx so much for the interest, I hope this build is as gratifying as the Rocket.
I am going to try to be more patient with this build, I get a bit itchy when things are going well which results in errors and poor workmanship..................so, this build I am going to temper my enthusiasm and replace it with patience.
Had conformation that the kit will be delivered today and I'm ready to go.
Pre build prep:-
I thinned some white wood glue with water, 4:1 ratio and filled a small dispenser with this mix. I can squeeze directly onto edge seams with no spillage. Not sure why I didn't do this in previous builds. I tested adhesion quality and the joints were good. Butt joints of 1/32" thick wood perpendicular to flat surface held fast so good to go.
Heading down to local Canadian Tire store for some 320 grit sandpaper, I plan to sand all the surfaces while the wood sheets are still intact and complete. This is something I've never done before but should be a great plus for paint finishing.

Just a quick heads up to Cornwall Model Boats Ltd. Shipped next day, this was the best price I could find world wide. Beat Canada and US prices even with shipping cost. Added bonus, customs let this one in with no duty to pay, that doesn't happen to often.
Finally, this model was picked for several reasons, I'm an expat, left the UK in 1986, so still have much interest in historic kits from home. The size is about right, just like the Rocket it's compact enough to display without having the living room extended. The price was right also, which is an important factor. My dad was a bus driver for Midland Red back in the 60's, fond memories of those times, and of my dad!
Enough reminiscing, it's time to create, I hope you find interest in this log, please keep me honest.

Blighty.
Blighty
#7 Posted : 27 May 2022 13:12:53

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Blighty, BigGrin

Bring it on I`m up for following this one. Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

THx Delboy
Blighty
#8 Posted : 27 May 2022 13:15:57

roymattblack wrote:
Another Occre kit. Great stuff.
I'm already looking forward to it.BigGrin

That's great, welcome aboard. The subject matter was the draw to this kit more than it being an OcCre kit, however OcCre quality is very good, so win, win I reckon.
I hope you enjoy the build.
Blighty
#9 Posted : 27 May 2022 13:20:35

GilShapley wrote:
I've got the London L.C.C. 106 ready for my next build. The only issue I've have is that although there are plenty of pictures the instructions are in Spanish !!!!!

After some searching I was able to find them in English on the OcCre web site. It does need a bit of searching. Their site is also in Spanish but I used Google translate ThumpUp ThumpUp The instructions I found are multi language.

Try this link

https://occre.com/pages/abre-un-kit

Looking forward to your build

Gil

I'm hoping for English text, but the link you sent could be the 'get out' if required. Thx for that.
Super pleased you are following along, I hope you find something of interest.
Blighty
Blighty
#10 Posted : 27 May 2022 13:24:52

Markwarren wrote:
After what you did with the Stephensons Rocket, I’m looking forward this.ThumpUp

Mark

I'm hoping this will be as enjoyable to build as the Rocket and you can find enough content to follow along, which, is greatly appreciated. Thx Mark.

Blighty
Blighty
#11 Posted : 27 May 2022 17:03:32

Arrived all intact and ready to go.
I've inspected the contents, appears to be complete and in good condition. Pack includes:-
4 sheets of laser cut wooden parts.
A bundle of various wooden lengths.
A bag containing 6 tires
A clear container with all the white metal castings and other bits.
Sheet of sticky back stickers (decals).
Instruction book (in Spanish, Gil), however there is a supplimentary booklet with the English translations included.
Blighty attached the following image(s):
IMG_27052022_120508_(600_x_450_pixel)[1].jpg
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 27 May 2022 17:54:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Woo Hoo, ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Beer and peanuts/popcorn at the ready. LOL LOL

Bring it on.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#13 Posted : 27 May 2022 18:27:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

What scale is this?
It might look good in a garden railway.BigGrin
GilShapley
#14 Posted : 27 May 2022 19:55:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

What Scale ??

The answer is in the heading

Confused Confused Confused Confused

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Blighty
#15 Posted : 27 May 2022 22:25:52

roymattblack wrote:
What scale is this?
It might look good in a garden railway.BigGrin

1:24 Scale finished kit is 11.5 inches long.
Silent_Running
#16 Posted : 31 May 2022 11:52:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Hi Blighty,
I’m looking forward to following your bus build. Did you sign up to the Hachette Routemaster part work?
Regards
Glenn BigGrin
Blighty
#17 Posted : 31 May 2022 14:14:32

Silent_Running wrote:
Hi Blighty,
I’m looking forward to following your bus build. Did you sign up to the Hachette Routemaster part work?
Regards
Glenn BigGrin

Welcome aboard Glen, no, haven't signed up for Hachette Routemaster, don't now what it is!
Blighty
#18 Posted : 31 May 2022 23:27:00

Hi, I got started on the 'Bus' , another fun model from OcCre, though I can't see the same amount of work as the Rocket required. Mixed results so far.
First thing I noticed the lower floor, which is the startng point is very much a net fit to each other. /so, if you are ever going to do this kit, make sure it's clamped up firmly during drying cycle, it's not very forgiving. (............and niether should it if everything fits together, which it did. I'll have to finish this after lunch
RM1
#19 Posted : 01 June 2022 08:00:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just spotted this one. BigGrin Looks like another interesting build.
Malc.
Blighty
#20 Posted : 01 June 2022 20:51:38

RM1 wrote:
Just spotted this one. BigGrin Looks like another interesting build.
Malc.

Hi Malc, welcome aboard.

Blighty