Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lotus 18 resin slot car Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 10 June 2022 11:20:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Something I've never done before.
It's a resin slot car kit by Penelope Pitlane.

Chassis assembly was pretty simple.
I've added upper suspension arms, rear suspension links, shock absorbers, side water pipes, metal tanks on the sides, made my own intake trumpets and roll hoop.

I think it's turned out ok for a first try.
I might have a go at another one.
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1010496.JPG
P1010497.JPG
P1010498.JPG
P1010499.JPG
P1010490.JPG
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 10 June 2022 16:14:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looks good Roy. Cool

Didn`t know you was a slot car racer. Flapper LOL

Remember those young days with the Scalextric, cars spinning off, cat playing ambush/kill the car. LOL LOL LOL

Have you given it a test run?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 10 June 2022 17:05:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

delboy271155 wrote:
Looks good Roy. Cool

Didn`t know you was a slot car racer. Flapper LOL

Remember those young days with the Scalextric, cars spinning off, cat playing ambush/kill the car. LOL LOL LOL

Have you given it a test run?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Actually, I've got a huge digital set, extra track, extra cars - NEVER been out of the boxes. Had it around 10 years.
It's on my 'one of these days' list...

The little lotus has been tested with a battery on the braids.
It works.LOL LOL LOL
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 10 June 2022 18:01:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

WOW Blink Blink DIGITAL. Confused

I started with "Minic Motorways" the net may know what that was, but I moved onto Scalextric around the mid 70`s and loved watching the cats on the chase.LOL LOL

Now digital that must mean there`s lots of extras you can add, interesting ThumpUp

Interesting subject, thanks for posting.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

roymattblack
#5 Posted : 10 June 2022 18:07:11

With digital, you can have two cars in the same slot. Each is independent of the other.
There are track pieces like railway points so you can go from being behind a car, then pulling into the other lane to overtake, then pull infront of the other car again...
It makes it more entertaining - IF I ever get round to setting it up.
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 10 June 2022 18:16:51

Thanks for the info Roy. Cool Cool Cool

Overtaking in this format is great and I`d love to see it in action. Can only imagine how much more exciting it must be. Drool Drool

Thanks
delboy271155
(Derek)

GlynD
#7 Posted : 10 June 2022 18:23:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looks very nice Roy ,Sir Stirling would approve I’m sure. I too started with Minic had a pair of mk 2 jag’s then moved on to scalextric and had some really nice Revell cars and joined the Land Rover slot car racing club which was an experience as they had a huge custom built four lane track in a basement just inside the main gates.Happy days