Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

1/8 gt40 Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 28 June 2022 19:24:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Here is my finished gt40.Another really nice kit to build.I lost the hood clips so I 3d designed and printed some new ones.I love the shape of this car and the paint job is really good.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
gt1.jpg
gt2.jpg
gt1.jpg
gt3.jpg
gt4.jpg
gt5.jpg
gt6.jpg
gt7.jpg
gt8.jpg
gt9.jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 28 June 2022 21:00:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice Carl, good job on the printing.Love Love ThumpUp

Mark
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 28 June 2022 21:02:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks great.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 29 June 2022 09:14:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It looks great but it does appear the roof stripes on the doors don't match the body.
An easy fix - folded tissue dipped in acetone-free nail varnish remover, carefully wipe away the plack line and a tiny bit of the orange on the door tops. Replace the black lines in the correct place with a thin strip of black self-adhesive vinyl.

Superb result you have there though.Love
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 29 June 2022 14:06:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

yes the door fit isnt great.I think it is due to the part being underwater .A bunch of stuff had fallen on it and I think it was deformed a bit and I was too nervous to try to bend it back into shape.I have a friend that just finished his and his door fit was much better than mine.
Carl