Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
OcCre London L.C.C. 106 Options
Plymouth57
#41 Posted : 27 December 2022 21:53:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

A nice looking base there Gil! Miniature clay pieces - reminds me of all those 1/72 scale red bricks that went into the Scramble dispersal hut!BigGrin
If that was me, I'd be making up a batch of liquid silicone to pour over the finished tiled area so if I ever made another tram kit I could cast a resin base and just make up the wooden surround!
(Yes, I'm that cheap!!)Flapper
This will really show the tram off well.Cool

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
GilShapley
#42 Posted : 04 January 2023 21:28:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well Xmas and the New Year done so back to the model

Have added some transfers and two of the destination notice boards. The benches will be the last parts I will add. I want to finish the side netting before the benches are added. With so many parts to this build it is very easy for parts to be knocked off whilst moving it around to add additional parts.

Next job is to add the side netting. The instructions suggest that the side netting be glued on.I don’t think this will give the look I want.I experimented with some offcuts of the netting and a spare Brass Rod. Did not like the look. With the netting being so fine the glue tended to be either too little or too much. So I opted to sew the netting to the rods. Bit of a faff but I like the look. Puts me in mind of the hammock netting when I built my Victory. Some side netting added

Pictures attached
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
Lon49.jpg
Lon51.jpg
Lon52.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
admin
#43 Posted : 06 January 2023 06:23:47

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Nifty little build you’ve got going! What scale is this?

Mark
GilShapley
#44 Posted : 06 January 2023 09:10:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Scale of this kit is 1:24
L 36cm W 10cm H 20cm

[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
andali15
#45 Posted : 06 January 2023 15:39:28

Netting looks great. Wouldn’t have known you sewed to the rails without saying. Looks a fantastic build. Far off finishing?? Andy.
GilShapley
#46 Posted : 09 January 2023 14:01:08

Finished, Not a straight forward build. Needed some walk away and think time but got there in the end. The build instructions where a bit vague at times and some of the photos need updating. One thing I will reiterate is that the customer service from OcCre is first class. Damaged,broken or missing parts are replaced at no cost to the customer ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Pictures of the finished build are attached. I have now got to complete the display stand.
Lon53.jpg
Lon54.jpg
Lon55.jpg
Lon56.jpg
delboy271155
#47 Posted : 09 January 2023 17:09:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

WTG Gil, BigGrin

That`s one very nice build, well done.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#48 Posted : 09 January 2023 19:17:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

A very nice build Gil. Well done.
A coincidence is that I was born not far from that trams route.
I grew up in Blackheath and went to secondary school in Woolwich which is close to Plumstaed.
Sadly, I haven't been back for years but I bet it has changed a lot!
RM1
#49 Posted : 10 January 2023 06:50:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great result Gil. Looks brilliant. ThumpUpThumpUp
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the display stand.
Malc.
tf64
#50 Posted : 10 January 2023 08:30:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well-built Gil, after a lot of work and sorting out bits to fit thanks for posting.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Plymouth57
#51 Posted : 10 January 2023 21:33:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's a beautiful finished model Gil, looks just the part with a real 'scale' look to it too!Cool
Looking forward to seeing the base come together.

Well done you!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kpnuts
#52 Posted : 11 January 2023 22:00:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks amazing.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
GilShapley
#53 Posted : 11 January 2023 22:26:39

Base board finished and model now placed on the tracks. The only addition I have made (at the insistence of my Grandchildren) is a driver and some passengers. You may recognise them

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Lon58.jpg
Lon57.jpg
Markwarren
#54 Posted : 12 January 2023 08:57:17

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Excellent work Gil, looks amazing. Credit to your skills.Love Love Drool

Mark
roymattblack
#55 Posted : 12 January 2023 09:20:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Fantastic work there. It looks amazing. I bet you're chuffed to bits with it.Love