23 Pages «<212223
HMS Surprise build log (Robert) Options
Tomick
#441 Posted : 14 November 2014 20:13:34

Groups:

Looking great Rob Cool
delboy271155
#442 Posted : 14 November 2014 20:25:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Rob, BigGrin BigGrin

I`m presently collecting this one for a later date.

Looks great, must get one of those skylights if it`s gonna be that big,
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Do they come in kit form. Blink Blink

Keep up the good work mate ,looks fab.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

hudsonrobert49
#443 Posted : 15 November 2014 07:46:48

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Thanks all, the blinds for the skylights come in kit form lol, i will put more pics as u like em, but not today as Im off to watch em film Dads Army film i live where there making it lol
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Built Flying Scotsman (Train). Collecting HMS VICTORY
hudsonrobert49
#444 Posted : 10 January 2015 11:10:21

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Happy New Year All.

Well i'm going to start building my ship Again from today so any good bits i will put photos on for anyone that wants to see them.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Gandale
#445 Posted : 10 January 2015 11:43:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

hudsonrobert49 wrote:
Happy New Year All.

Well i'm going to start building my ship Again from today so any good bits i will put photos on for anyone that wants to see them.

Great to see you back Rob and Happy New Year to you too.... Will be looking forward to seeing your next update....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Mo
#446 Posted : 18 January 2015 21:58:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Robert,

It's been a while since I looked in on the forum. I was building surprise, I packed it up nearly 2 years ago now, I was moving house. I have been building garages, house extensions etc, really missing my build. Hope to get back to it before the year is out. how time flies.

Mo.
Mo
antswain
#447 Posted : 23 January 2015 14:54:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

hello Rob

ive been following your build for a year or more now as ive been making an effort at it myself but only just joined the forum. really impressed with your work and attention to detail will be following as you go. ive posted a couple of pics of mine on the newcomers section in the forum,

once again great build
regards
Ant
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
Model Shipyards HM Cutter Mermaid
hudsonrobert49
#448 Posted : 13 February 2015 12:05:03

antswain wrote:
hello Rob

ive been following your build for a year or more now as ive been making an effort at it myself but only just joined the forum. really impressed with your work and attention to detail will be following as you go. ive posted a couple of pics of mine on the newcomers section in the forum,

once again great build
regards
Ant

Thank you for your kind comments, i will check yours out shortly.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#449 Posted : 13 February 2015 12:08:02

mizzen mast crow's nest

Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#450 Posted : 24 February 2015 12:03:00

Hi does any kind soul have one of these i can have PLEASE???

Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

antswain
#451 Posted : 02 March 2015 18:47:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

ive got 2 but presume ill need em both their for the yards are they?

I did have a look at CMB and a couple of other places but nothing about that is really like them -sorry abt that - best bet is to get in touch with AL or maybe adminConfused

regards AntBigGrin
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
Model Shipyards HM Cutter Mermaid
stevie_o
#452 Posted : 02 March 2015 20:09:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

johncal
#453 Posted : 03 March 2015 01:49:40

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just look at some real ones on ships on the internet and bend up your own. No big deal. No one will ever know and with a little ingenuity you'll probably make something that looks better.

I'm making my own. The ones with the kit aren't all that accurate.

Whatever you make paint it Black! It's all good.
rwgjr54
#454 Posted : 26 October 2015 03:20:29

Hello Robert, My name is Robert and I am work on my first wooden model. Your post's and photo's are so helpful to me. I am at the point of putting the cannon's together. My problem is attaching the cannon to the carronade. Could you offer some advice it would be most helpful. Thank-YouConfused
File Attachment(s):
IMG_0056.JPG (1,739kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
magpie1832
#455 Posted : 26 October 2015 10:43:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Robert rwgjr54 , Welcome to the forum

It would be a great idea if you start a build log on here and post some pictures. Would love to see your progress on your build and maybe a few other builders can help if you get stuck.

Here is a link to a few pictures of the Cannons on my Surprise Build.

http://forum.model-space...s&m=22068#post22068

Where are you stuck on the cannons at the moment? Hopefully my pics shed some light on your situation. If not feel free to ask.

Chris
BigGrin
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#456 Posted : 26 October 2015 11:48:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to MS Robert looking forward to seeing your build BigGrin

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
rwgjr54
#457 Posted : 11 December 2015 00:33:31

magpie1832 wrote:
Hi Robert rwgjr54 , Welcome to the forum

It would be a great idea if you start a build log on here and post some pictures. Would love to see your progress on your build and maybe a few other builders can help if you get stuck.

Here is a link to a few pictures of the Cannons on my Surprise Build.

http://forum.model-space...s&m=22068#post22068

Where are you stuck on the cannons at the moment? Hopefully my pics shed some light on your situation. If not feel free to ask.

Chris
BigGrin

Hi Chris, Your pictures helped a lot. It took a while, but after doing a few things are looking good. Thanks. Will try and post some pictures soon.