Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Egon Spengler's P.K.E. (Psycho-Kinetic Energy) Meter 1:8 Scale Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 17 August 2022 20:51:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I have designed these Egon Spengler's P.K.E. (Psycho-Kinetic Energy) meter used in the Ghostbusters Afterlife movie. This is a 1:8 scale mod to go with the 1:8 scale Ecto 1 build. One is in the open position and the other closed. This slightly differs from the original design seen in the original Ghostbusters movies, they are a little more defined in places. These come painted or unpainted for those with good eyesight.BigGrin
My magnifying glass was made by Hubble.Flapper

If anyone is interested these are available on my Etsy page as well as Shapeways for those non UK residence wishing to keep the cost of postage down.

Shapeways

Etsy

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 18 August 2022 15:01:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

WELL Drool Drool , I`ve had the privilege of seeing a pair of these up close and personnel today and at 1:8 scale the detail is excellent.

The ones I`ve seen were the unpainted version, but anyone with half decent eyesight or better should manage. I should have gone to Specsavers Confused hang on!! "I did go to Specsavers"LOL Flapper LOL

Nice work Mark. ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Kev the Modeller
#3 Posted : 21 August 2022 10:54:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Science fiction is not my kind of thing Mark, I'm more of an old school modeller building kits of cars and planes with a bit of added fun thrown in via some extra scratchbuilt parts assembled from traditional materials, .... but .... I have to say that I fully admire what you do with your use of all of this modern technology to create the things that you do. Mind boggling stuff!!

Complete wizardry in my view and amazing work as always. Well done that man! Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 21 August 2022 13:04:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you Derek & Kev, always appreciated.

Kev The 3D printed parts are another enhancement and another tool to build something that you couldn’t do scratch building, ie small detailed parts. This is just as rewarding seeing a design come off the build plate in resin or plastic form, but for me, it will never take away the creativity of scratch building which I’ve alway done in all my models including my latest build. BigGrin ThumpUp