Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Is my motor reversed? Options
boroal
#1 Posted : 24 September 2022 08:28:19

Groups: Registered

I guess the simple question is should the wings open with the first press of the remote?
I ask because mine doesn’t
I have spent hours trying to sort the opening and closing of the wings. rpgoulet provided the following procedure for testing the switches.
“When manually testing the switches and circuit board with the wings off use the following procedure:
1. Start the motor driving with the remote, this simulates driving the wings open
2. Close switch 14 to stop the motor. You MUST keep it closed.
3. Restart the motor with the remote and let switch 14 open. This will simulate wings coming closed.
4. Close switch 13 and it should stop the motor.”
The problem I have is that the first press of the remote control the motor moves in the direction to close the wings. From the description above it seems that the first press should open the wings. Can anyone confirm this please. I think my motor has been wired incorrectly. When built the wings are in the closed position, when I press the remote it tries to close the wings and because switch 14 is not closed switch 13 does not work and the motor doesn’t stop. Sorry for the long winded explanation I am still trying to get my head around this.
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 24 September 2022 08:53:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Some pictures would be useful to see the issues you are having and maybe a video. This is the first I’ve come across where the motor is wired incorrectly.
Are you driving the motor without the wings attached? The switches at the top and bottom of the wings reverse the polarity so the motor reverses whichever position they are at.
I did see the you had a broken motor cable in the previous post, have you connected it back the right way or connected correctly on the circuit board. If you have tried to fix the cable back on the motor or connector, you may have placed it the wrong way round.
If the motor was damaged, then order a replacement from customer services.
Mark
boroal
#3 Posted : 24 September 2022 10:11:15

Groups: Registered

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the response. The issue I had was prior to the wire problem so nothing I did there. Unfortunately the wire has broken right next to the jst plug so I need to order a new one before I can start again(perhaps you know the exact type I need?)
As you say the switches reverse the polarity of the motor. The issue as I see it is that the close switch (13) only works if the open switch (14) is in a closed position when you press the remote button. Because you build the model with the wings closed this is fine if the first press of the remote opens the wings. In that case they open until they hit switch 14 and stop keeping switch 14 in its closed position. When you press the remote again the polarity of the motor has changed and the wings close until they hit switch 13 when they stop and the motor polarity is switched again ready for when you press the remote again and the wings open.
My problem is that switch 13 only works if switch 14 is in its closed position when you press the button on the remote. Of course this can only be achieved if the wings are in the open position. When first built of course the wings are closed therefore switch13 doesn’t work.
If the default was that the motor opened the wings when you first pressed the remote it solves this problem. Therefore my conclusion that perhaps the motor is wired incorrectly. I hope this makes some sense. If not I will try to make a video once I get the motor cable fixed. Alan
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 25 September 2022 13:16:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Alan
It might be better to get a replacement. Contact customer service,

Mark