Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KITT, Pack 1 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 24 October 2022 21:42:18

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

The television vehicle was based of a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am. There are 5 surviving Knight Rider Trans Ams. One of them is owned by Jay Leno. The TV show starred David Hasselhoff.

Box 1, Stage1, contains parts for the hood.

Step 1; This step involves bending the mounting points for the air intake. Some kind of photo etch bending tool would be preferred, however, this can be completed with a flat hard surface. Hold the part firmly and carefully press into the hard surface. The groove on the part should be on the inside of the bend.

Step 2; Mount to the hood as shown with 3 AP screws. Screws for this build are marked with a P for plastic parts, an M for metal parts. Be careful not to overtighten any of the screws.

Step 3; Press the hood lock, 1I, into the two holes in the hood as shown.

Step 4; Mount the hood lock, 1C, to the hood with 2 AP screws, orient the part correctly.

Step 5; Fit the air intake to the inside of the hood. I carefully applied a drop of CA glue at each end of the part. If the part fits tight, don’t bother adding the CA glue.

Box 2 Stage 3 contains the parts for the left front wheel, tire, brake, and steering knuckle
Step 1; I found that the tire was to tight to fit the wheel parts on one side. I boiled water and dropped the tire into the water for 30 seconds, then fitted the small side of the tire with ½ of the
wheel. I held the ½ wheel and tire, cooled the tire down in cold water until the ½ section of wheel was tight in the tire. Put the other ½ of the wheel into the tire and secured the two halves with 3 EM screws.

Step 2; Fix the bracket to the caliper wit 2 BP screws.

Step 3; Press the two halves of the brake disc together.

Step 4; Orient the two assemblies as shown, slide brake disc into the caliper.

Step 5; The steering knuckle slides into the brake disc assembly, notice how the
shoulder on the knuckles fits into the notch in the disc assembly. The brake disc is also notched to fit on the wheel.

Step 6; Secure the steering knuckle and brake disc to the wheel with a
washer and an FM screw.

Step 7; Put the hubcap onto the wheel, secure with 5 AM screws.

Stage 4 Contains parts for the dashboard and instrument panels

Step 1; The voice box slides onto the start up panel bracket. Step 2, The start up panel, 4N, fits into the slot on the dash. Check the orientation with the enlarged photo. Mount the panel bracket, 4H, onto the dashboard over the start up panel. Secure with 2 BP screws.

Step 3; Mount the front panel,4M, into the voice box from Step 1. Y should feel or hear a click when it seats. If it won’t seat properly, use a small amount of plastic cement and hold in place.

Step 4; Put all 4 displays together as shown. Check the fit, use plastic cement if needed.

Step 5; Put the first display in and secure with a BP screw. Put the dashboard panel, 4B, in place and secure with 3 BP screws.

Step 7; Put the display panels, 4D and 4E, in place and secure with 2 BP
screws each.

Step 8; Put the red colored lense into the dashboard and secure with housing 4P
and a BP screw.

Step 9; Put the dashboard housing in place and secure with 2 BP screws.

Step 10; Orient the two keypads, 4W and 4V, into the keypad housing. Place the keypad bracket over the the assembly and secure with 2 AP screws.

Stage 4 is now complete.

Stage 5 Steering column and wheel, circuit board

Step 1, Place the Knight Foundation emblem into the steering wheel. I used a little white glue to hold the part in place.

Step 2, Attach the wheel to the column as shown with 2 GM screws.

Step 3, Attach the circuit board to the Bumper as shown. Be careful not to over tighten the screws, the circuit board is fragile. Secure the circuit board with part 5B and 2 BP screws.

Again, be careful tightening the 2 BP screws. Stages 5-7, Follow the instructions to power up and test the scanner lights.

Stage 6 contains parts start the cross member build

Steps 1-6 build up various components of the cross member and the right front clip. Watch for screw and pin placement. I found that it helped a lot to pre-tap the screw holes.

(I tried to provide some photos that might help but since all the parts are black they don't photograph well, and the photos are black.

Step 6; Put the two hood parts together and secure with 6 AM screws.

Step 7; Add 2 BM screws to the hood as shown.

Step 8; Attach the hood hinge to the hood with 2 DM screws. Step 9, Attach the hood hinges as shown to complete the Stage 1.

I had some blister blemishes on the 1A. I polished them off and waxed the hood before going on to Stage 2. Carefully store the hood at this time for use at a later time.

Box 1, Stage 2; Lenses, Bumper and Lights

Step 1; Mount the light bracket to the bumper on the left side on the shortest mounting post with an AM screw.

Step 2 and 3; Assemble the 3 left side lights. Put lenses into the lens frames and secure with the light housings (3) with 2 AP screws each.

Step 4 and 5; Mount the light assemblies to the bumper as shown. Steps 6 and 7, Mount the scanner lens as shown, secure with scanner base and 2 GM screws. This completes the first pack.
admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-2746.JPG
IMG-2747.JPG
IMG-2751.JPG
IMG-2752.JPG
IMG-2753.jpg
IMG-2754.jpg
IMG-2756.JPG
IMG-2758.JPG
IMG-2761.JPG
IMG-2762.JPG
IMG-2763.JPG