Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

This is a rum do Options
suey
#1 Posted : 07 November 2022 16:36:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I've been missing parts from a full order of Santissima Trinidad and a partwork order of HMS Bounty for many months. My last phone call to CS was 3 weeks ago, when I got the usual reassurances and promises...

Today I got an email.

Quote:
Thank you for your recent call regarding the missing packs for the bounty unfortunately these are no longer available so we have cancelled your subscription.

Please can you forward your IBAN number so we can process a refund for the 3 packs that you received.

We will look forward to your response.

Well, I doubt they'd like the response I REALLY want to give. All because THEY screwed up the payment system and never asked me to set up a new one. Totally unacceptable.

And given that HMS Bounty is currently offered on the main DeaGostini page, no it is not completely true that it 'not available'. Frankly, I don't care if they would have to break into a new set. Don't they set up their manufacture run with plenty of spares when customers break things etc?

So just had a long chat with Roy in CS. Guess Bounty is a dead duck. He told me where to go look for IBAN and he is chasing up the ST missing parts (again) for me.
Apparently, the UK 'spare parts library' is empty...
Guess I will NOT be reordering the Bounty - the parts are not yet in the UK - bet that won't stop them taking orders though.

One thoroughly pi**ed off customer(?) Cursing

OK, just before I posted, Roy rang back and we're experimenting with a possible solution. I'll get back later if Post strikes let a package through

Keep fingers crossed for me.

Sue
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 08 November 2022 20:12:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hope you manage to get it all sorted.

I had to provide an iban number so that deagostini Germany could refund my Harley Davidson. I was so angry because that was one model I was so enjoying building and i was just 2 packs away from completion.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
COLLECTING 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)all parts now complete just needs building.
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
admin
#3 Posted : 09 November 2022 02:25:02

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Hello,

What packs of the Bounty are you missing? I might be able to help. I have extras.

Cheers,

Mark
“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.”

Marcus Aurelius
suey
#4 Posted : 09 November 2022 11:32:39

Thanks Mark.

As I only received (and built) the first 3 packs so that would be packs 4 - 12 missing. Crying
I reckon you would be a secret hoarder if you had all those!!! But thank you very much for the offer.

How are your elections going? And I am not asking which side you are on.

All the best

Sue
suey
#5 Posted : 10 November 2022 12:08:03

Well, at least DeaGostini can do some things quickly. This morning my bank sent me a notification;

"We advise you that your account ********** has been credited with the following GBP 169.97"

So, at least I got my money back for the Bounty. Unless by some miracle, Mark can conjure up the missing 9 packs of the Bounty then I guess the dockyard and ribs will get a viking funeral.

Sue
Martyn Ingram
#6 Posted : 10 November 2022 12:36:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Crying that's a real shame that you can't finish the bounty sue I was thinking of getting this kit myself
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
suey
#7 Posted : 10 November 2022 15:23:59

Hi Martyn,

Don't let my experience put you off. But... As I said in Post #1, CS told me the current offering was not yet in the UK warehouse. So maybe check before ordering. And if possible, order as a complete set, rather than as a partwork.
Not that that has done me any good for Santissima Trinidad. Whoever packed each issue bag, was having a very bad day and missed one or more parts out of the bag. I got all the bags, just not all the contents. Mad
Anyway, if you decide to go for it - lots of luck!!

Sue
GilShapley
#8 Posted : 10 November 2022 15:27:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If they cant supply the packs for the Bounty Build why is it shown as still available?

Confused Confused Confused Confused
Current Build:- OcCre London L>C>C 106
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]Building RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1

CaptnBirdseye
#9 Posted : 10 November 2022 17:12:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

suey wrote:
Hi Martyn,

Don't let my experience put you off. And if possible, order as a complete set, rather than as a partwork.

Sue

That doesn't always work either Sue. I ordered the remainder of the Falcon, and issue 92 was missing plus a lot of the mags!
When i complained to CS the sent me out the missing part....minus the mag to build it.Confused