Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KITT, Pack 3 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 18 November 2022 02:40:42

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Packs 1,2&3 have been completed. Since the last time I was working on K.I.T.T. it has turned to winter in the mountains of eastern California. The best of my recollection, Maybe one of the earliest in my 45 years here. Heaters are on full time, sweaters on, big blankets on the beds, and snow everywhere. Snow blowers have been running, snow plows are out. I think they were taken by surprise also. It took a week or so to get plowed the first time. The plow guys were spot on the last storm. Single digits, teens for lows, mid 30’s during the days. Mark was watching the traffic from his house above 395 just outside of Reno. he’s watched several days of crazy from his house. Anyway, we’re back to sunshine and black roads.

On to the build!

Pack 4 Stage 11

Stage 11 we’ll start building up the chassis and attaching it to the front clip.
Step1 Attach the center cover to the center section. When oriented correctly, the transition on the part will feel smooth at the floor pan.
Steps 2&3 Attach the two brake line guides as shown with 1 GM screw each.
Step 4 Attach the fuel filter to the chassis. I had to hold the part with tweezers, my fat fingers wouldn’t fit in there to hold the part and push the pin in. Secure with a BP screw.
Steps 5&6 Retrieve the completed front clip. Attach the center section to the front clip
With 4 EM screws as shown.

Stage 11 is complete.

Stage 12 In this stage we will build the left front wheel well and attach the battery.

Step 1&2 Attach the left front wheel well support to the wheel well using 2 AM screws.
Step 3&4 The battery should be put together then placed over the mounting post and secured with a CP screw.
Step 5 Push the two battery terminals into the semi circular holes.

Stage 12 is complete.

Stage 13 Continue to build the wheel well.

Step 1 Secure the upper shock mount with 3 GM screws.
Step 2 Mount the shock post into the wheel well, orient the post to the notch in the top mount. You may find it easier to pre-tap the post. Secure with one MM screw. The post should wiggle a little when finished. It will allow the post and shock body to work better.
Step 3 Put the fluid tank together and mount with 1 CP screw.
Step 4 Push the shock cover into position. Push the fluid cap onto the tank. It is directional.
Step 5,6&7 Place the wheel well assembly onto the frame and check the location. There is a locating pin on the frame in line with the shock body. Make sure the locating pin is in the corresponding hole. Secure the wheel well with 3 EM screws and 1 GM screw.

Stage 13 is complete.

Stage 14 Mounting the right wheel well. This will build very similar to the left side.
Step 1&2 Mount the wheel well support with 2 AM screws.
admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-2842.jpg
IMG-2843.jpg
IMG-2844.jpg
IMG-2845.jpg
IMG-2847.jpg
IMG-2848.jpg
IMG-2849.jpg
IMG-2851.jpg
IMG-2852.jpg
IMG-2853.jpg
IMG-2854.jpg