Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Christmas Will Soon Be Here!!! Options
Silent_Running
#1 Posted : 14 December 2022 07:14:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Dear all,
As you know the season of goodwill to all men and ladies will soon be upon us. Do any of you know what you are getting for Christmas?

If you are like me I bought my own Christmas present this year. I’m sure the other half will got me something nice as well. I got myself a load of Meccano as I fancied doing some engineering. What did you get?
Regards
Glenn 🧑‍🎄
Plymouth57
#2 Posted : 14 December 2022 22:29:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Meccano? That's a lovely blast from the past!Cool I can remember loads of fun building things in my childhood with Meccano. I wonder how many of us cut our teeth (not to mention fingers on the sharp edges) on Meccano's mechanical engineering projects and led us on to modelling in other genres?
When I'm searching the attic or garage I often find little plates and nuts and bolts in the bottom of various boxes!BigGrin

Go on! Blackpool Tower in 1/35 scale!!!Blink

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
admin
#3 Posted : 22 December 2022 19:18:38

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I got Meccano sets for years as my birthday present when I was a kid. Fond memories!

Cheers,

Mark
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 22 December 2022 19:35:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Well, being 68, I'm a big kid.
Hoping for lots of Tintin related stuff.
Books, figurines, cars etc.
Also, anything Asterix or Blake and Mortimer.BigGrin
Xris
#5 Posted : 26 December 2022 02:19:29

Happy Holidays all,

Model Space gave me the best present ever.

The Falcon build is back on BigGrin

Recieved pack 15 last month and just a few days ago recieved pact 17 and 18. (Pack 16 was received back in May.)

Best Wishes,
Bryan

“Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.”

― T.S. Eliot
GilShapley
#6 Posted : 26 December 2022 15:12:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

All good things come to those who waits

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle