Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KITT, Pack 7 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 23 February 2023 02:41:37

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Box 7, Stages 27-30

I kind of wish I had not got this done so quickly! We have snow (5" or better every day) in the forecast for the next 10 days!I'll be sick of shoveling, and this is a fun pack to do.

On with the build!

Issue 27 Air Compressor assembly

There are a number of parts and steps to complete the Air Compressor. We start with the Compressor chamber and the compressor part 1. Attach part 1 to the compressor chamber.
Steps 2&3 build up the compressor box. The tab of the first connector goes into the slot of the first half of the box. The second half of the box is fitted with the second connector. The connector will slide into the notch on the box as shown. The two halves slide together and attach to part 27A. Mount the bracket 1 in step 5 as shown. Mount the second bracket on the remaining hole on the box. Secure the reservoir onto the second bracket. Mount the sleeve inlet onto the oil reservoir as shown. Secure the oil reservoir cap. Carefully press the ignition part into the closest hole to the flange of the compressor chamber. Pre-plan this installation. The part fits onto a slanted semi circle. Secure the generator to the compressor chamber. The connector 27O has a square mount on one side and a pin, the pin faces out, the square mount goes into the air intake from issue 19. The slot on the air intake of my part was actually a hole. Square peg in a round hole. I used CA glue to fit the part. Both parts are plastic, so modeling glue should work. Fit the compressor to the front of the compressor chamber and secure the assembly. Issue 27 is complete.

Issue 28 transmission assembly

There are a number of wires (tubes) in this issue. There is a mistake with the callout of several tube identifications. There are two 28H’s and one 28J. The two 28H tubes are the same length, while the 28J is longer. In step 12, a 28H is called out for, however, the longer 28J should be used here. This will leave a 28H tube for issue 29,Step 4. On with 28. Steps 1-4 are straightforward and fit well. Put the fuel filter halves together and use the two pieces of tubing as shown. I won’t comment on ’Steps 7 thru 12. I felt that putting photos of the tubing location would be more helpful. So please refer to the photos marked with the Step numbers. Issue 28 is complete.

Issue 29 Rear Chassis assembly

Step 1 is challenging. You’ll have to figure out the best way to get the turbine assembly into the front clip. Take your time, requires tilting, twisting and fanagaling the turbine assembly into place. Same problem car builders have putting a way to big of a motor into a custom auto build. Step 2 When you get it in, flip the entire assembly over and secure the turbine to the crossmember. Step 3 there’s the other end of 28L from Issue 28 tubing 28L or H. Connect the other end of 28I, issue 28, Step 10. Step 4 uses the saved tubing from issue 28. Step 5 mount the battery box from Issue 5 as shown. Mount the chassis section 2 onto the large rear chassis section. The middle screw (red line) missed the third mounting post in the instruction guide. The post is in the middle and a little forward of the other two posts. Attach the fuel line retainer as shown. Put the rear chassis section in place and secure. Issue 29 is complete.

Issue 30 Chassis beam assembly

Place and secure both chassis beams. Use the instruction guide photos for reference. I started by working from the back of the beams to the front. Position the axle bar and secure. Put the last chassis part on the rear chassis and secure. Orient the part 30D so that the wide part is forward. Secure from the opposite side. Issue 30 is complete. I hope that springs, axles, differential and wheels come next. It will be upright.

admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-2904.JPG
IMG-2905.jpg
IMG-2906.JPG
IMG-2908.JPG
IMG-2909.JPG
IMG-2910.jpg
IMG-2911.JPG
IMG-2912.JPG
IMG-2913.JPG
IMG-2914.jpg
IMG-2915.jpg