Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KITT, Pack 8 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 22 April 2023 01:48:05

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well, spring has finally sprung! Now, instead of worrying about the house collapsing from the weight of the snow, I get to worry about it flooding as all this dang snow melts. We had about 7 feet on the house, and in the yard, and I am on the downhill side of a nice, large open plot of land, so all that snow melt has got to go someplace. I have sandbags ready to go! I could live in Mammoth or Palisades, where they have 50 feet!! or better of snow. They’ll be skiing year around this year, for sure.

On with the build!

Box 8 Issue 31 Driveshaft and fuel lines

Step 1 Assemble the two halves of the driveshaft using 3 BP Screws.
Step 2 Assemble the U-joints to the ends of the drive shaft using 2 BP screws each. The U-joints should be just loose enough to swivel.
Step 3 Line up the differential U-joint, 31F, with the driveshaft U-joint and attach with 2 BP screws. This assembly should also swivel.
Step 4 Attach the other differential U-joint to the U-joint on the tail of the transmission with 2 BP screws.
Step 5 Assemble the gearbox mount, 31A, to the protector, 31B, use a BP screw.
Step 6 Put this drive shaft protector assembly over the tail of the transmission. Secure with 2 GM screws.
Step 7 Attach the rear brake distributor, 31G, to the underside of the chassis. Notice the fit of the tab on the part. Secure with a BP screw.
Step 8 Send the fuel line, 31H, the second longest tube, thru the two guides on the drive shaft tunnel. Put the end at the back onto the inside fuel filter post. You can use a toothpick to open the end of the tubing. Issue 31 is complete.

Issue 32 Left side exhaust.

Step 1 Assemble the two halves of the rear section of exhaust with 3AP screws. The AP screws are small, don’t overtighten.
Step 2 I partially assembled the front part of the exhaust first. Put 2AP screws in the front section of the exhaust.
Step 3 Gently spread the back of the front section exhaust and fit it onto the tab of the rear section of the exhaust. Secure with an AP screw.
Steps 4,5 and 6 Install the exhaust onto the chassis. I put the exhaust in place and put the BP screw in step 6 first (don’t tighten completely) and put the front of the exhaust onto the peg on the turbine exhaust header. Put the 3 posts on the holes on the chassis and secure them with BP screws from the other side while holding the exhaust to the chassis. Make sure all of the BP screws are tight.Issue 32 is complete.

Issue 33 Right side exhaust

Steps 1-6 Build and mount the right side the same as the left.
Step 7 Add the exhaust bracket,33E, onto the chassis as shown. Secure with 3EM screws to the front clip frame.
Step 8 Secure both exhaust to the bracket with 2AP screws. Issue 33 is complete.

Issue 34 Build the differential

Steps 1 & 2 Place the differential base, 34C, onto the axle, and secure with 2BP screws.
Steps 3 & 4 Place the differential cover, 34B, onto the back of the differential, and secure with 2GM screws. Stash the rear axle for later mounting. Issue 34 is complete. Box 8 is complete.
admin attached the following image(s):
pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg
pic 3.jpg
pic 4.jpg
pic 5.jpg
pic 6.jpg
pic 7.jpg
pic 8.jpg
pic 9.jpg
pic 10.jpg
pic 11.jpg