Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KITT, PACK 9 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 03 May 2023 02:59:28

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Issue 35 Rear Axle and Suspension parts

Steps 1-4

We will start by attaching the two axle brackets. One of the brackets will be the attachment point for the Suspension Crossbar (sway bar). The other end will attach to the chassis part 30C. Retrieve the Built-up chassis. I wanted to protect the turbine parts from damage, I’m using the box to set the chassis on. Orient the left and right axle brackets and attach them to the axle.

Steps 5-7

Slide the tabbed suspension posts into the posted holes on the chassis.as indicated. The photo guide shows this attachment is using an NM screw. Use the HM screws as called out. The NM screws with a flange will be used in step 10.

Step 8

Slide the two springs onto the suspension posts.

Step 9-10
Fit the drive shaft spline into the differential. Attach the drive shaft protector, 31B, to the bottom of the differential (two holes) with BP screws. Fit the two axle brackets onto the springs and suspension posts as shown. Secure the axle to the suspension posts with NM flanged screws.

Step 11

Using two GM screws, attach the crossbar,35E , to the left side axle bracket, 35A , and to the chassis mount 30C as shown.

Issue 35 is complete.

Issue 36 Shock absorber, Suspension arm, and Brake disc

Steps 1&
2 Mount the shock rod as shown. Secure from the bottom of the chassis with a BP screw.
Steps 3&4

Build up the shock body as shown. Slip the shock body over the shock rod and into the mounting hole on the axle bracket. Secure the shock to the axle using a BP screw.

Steps 5-7
Build up the suspension arm and the mount. Orient these two parts carefully and using two GM screws, attach the arm,36B ,to the mount 36A. Tighten the screws just enough to allow the arm to swing on the mount. Attach the arm to the axle bracket as shown with two GM screws. Flip the chassis over and secure the suspension arm mount to the chassis with a GM screw thru the chassis.

Steps 8-9
Secure the brake fluid fitting to the brake disc base using an AP screw. Slide this assembly over the left side axle. Put the brake line onto the brake fluid connection Attach the brake disc 36H to the brake base and secure with two DP screws.

Issue 36 is complete.
I am going to start
and complete Issue 38 while it is still fresh in my mind. One side is the same as the other.

Issue 38 DONE

Issue 37

Wheel, Tire, and Brake parts.
Step 1&2

I started off by putting the tire into hot water for 3 minutes. Put both halves of the wheel onto the tire, checked to make sure the screw holes were aligned, (they weren’t). Got them lined up and secured with 3 EM screws.

Step 3

Secure the brake drum to the wheel with 3 EM screws.

Step 4

Attach wheel and tire onto the axle shaft. I’m not a big fan of models that easily roll. Model damage, and in this case, as heavy as it is already, furniture and maybe floor damage. If you want to, tighten so that it won’t roll off a display shelf, or workbench before the kit is complete.
Step 5 Five AM screws to secure the hub cap.

Issue 37 complete

Box 9 complete.

The last pic is of me standing by the side of our drive. Mind you, the snow has settled by about 3 feet. My achin' back!!
admin attached the following image(s):
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.jpg
5.JPG
6.jpg
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.JPG