Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 31 - 34 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 12 June 2023 12:27:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

As promised I`m here with the next update. Cool

I will be posting the updates for Issues 31 and 32 one after the other, so we can end up with a completed Knee Joint.

Issue 31 is very short, so don`t blink or you`ll miss it. LOL LOL

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

Now press the two washers firmly on their respective posts, whilst making sure they locate squarely onto the two pins with the small holes in each washer. Pic 2.

Note: I say "press the washers firmly in place", because in the next issue you will turn this part over and you won`t want the washers falling off. (Believe me Blink ).

Well that`s it for Issue 31.

See you very soon for Issue 32.Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 12 June 2023 13:37:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, Blink

Back so fast I`m almost dizzy.Laugh

So, this is the update for Issue 32 that completes the Knee Joint and it comes with a WARNING that you might (that`s might not will) find the same problem that I had. Nothing to worry about as I will describe the problem that I had and show the easy cure. More on that later.

Parts supplied with this issue are shown in Pic 1.

Stick the double sided tape onto the washer as before Pic 2, remove the second covers of the pieces of tape and carefully position the washer inside the Upper Knee Joint and press firmly in place. Pic 3.

Next fix the gear (without the tab) in place and secure it with two LM screws. Pic 4.

Noting the orientation of the tab on the other gear, position it as shown and then place the spring on top. Pic 5.

Before we close the Knee Joint carefully position the Upper Knee Joint in place as shown in Pic 6.

What comes next can be a little tricky, you will take the assembly from issue 31, invert it over the assembly from this stage and press all the parts down against the spring pressure. The parts should all come together, with the tabbed gears locating into the cut outs under the upper and lower knee joint parts, then screw all the parts together using two IM screws.

Whoa Tiger: what if the parts don`t all come together by about 4 - 5 mm. This was the problem I had. First thing to check is, have the tabs on the upper gears located correctly into their relevant knee joint. Well mine were in line but I couldn`t get the parts to close any nearer. After further investigation I found that the knee joints could not pass over the tabbed gears as they should.Confused Confused Confused Having made a close, critical observation of the tabbed gears I found the problem. The tabbed gears are cast metal items and where the castings should have ended there was a large amount (well enough to cause a problem) of metal that mis-formed the circular shape of the gears .

Solution: Using just a miniature file I removed the excess metal and problem solved.

Now, as I said earlier this may have been just a one off problem, but at least you now know what to do if you have the same problem.Flapper If you check out Pics 7 and 8 you can see what was done for the fix.

To continue, whether you had to cure the problem or not, you can fix the Knee Joint together using the two IM screws as I said earlier.

That leaves us with the final task of pressing the screw cover in place over the lower screw. Having had an issue with the Knee Joint I have decided to store the screw cover until later, just in case I have to take it apart again later. Once in place the screw covers can be a pain to remove. If you choose to leave the screw cover off for now, make sure you store it safely. Pic 8.

One last thing to note: if you check out the movement of the Upper Knee Joint and its very difficult to move (mine was ) it becomes much easier when the upper leg is extended in a later issue. So leave well alone for now. BigGrin

I need a lie down in a dark room now, LOL LOL so will see you soon for the next update.

Stay safe, be happy.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 13 June 2023 16:01:02

Hi All, BigGrin

Yep I`m back already. LOL

This update is for Issue 33 and is the start of the Hip Joint.

Bring the Hip Joint Cover (33a) and the Joint Support Bracket to your work space. Position the bracket inside the cover and fix it in place with LP screw as shown in Pic 2.

Now, take the second Hip Joint Cover and the Bearing Ring to your work space. Press the Bearing Ring into place inside the Cover making sure that the orientation is the same as shown in Pic 3.

The last two parts supplied in this issue are the Socket and Joint Bearing. Pic 4.

Position the Joint Bearing inside the Socket and secure it in place with an IP screw as per Pic 5.

You have now completed the first three components of the Hip Joint, Pic 6 and completed this stage.

Well that was quite painless. LOL

See you soon for the next update that will conclude this pack;.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 15 June 2023 13:06:43

Hi All, BigGrin

Well, here we are at end of another pack, with the update for Issue 34.Cool

Not a large amount of construction, but you start to get a feel for the size of this model when you build up the Outer Left Thigh section.

Start by positioning the the Outer Thigh Armour Plate on top of the Outer Thigh. As seen in Pic 2.

Carefully holding the two parts together, turn them over and secure them together using three AP screws. Pic 3.

Now with the parts still inverted, position the gold coloured Outer Knee Pad to the Thigh parts and secure the parts together using two more AP screws. Pic 4.

That finishes this issue and pack. Pic 5.

See you soon with the start of the next pack with Issue 35.Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg