Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 43 - 46 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 25 June 2023 19:35:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Here we are with the latest update for the Iron Man build. Issue 43.Cool

In the build of this issue, we will assemble the Left leg calf plate and its hinge. This assembly will not be fitted to the left leg at this time, but in a later stage. So when completed keep it protected and safe.Blink

Parts supplied are as always shown in Pic 1.

Position the two parts of the hinge supplied in this issue as depicted in Pic 2. Then fix the parts together with an LP screw (one on each side) as shown in Pics 3 and 4. Note: the two LP screws need to be tightened enough so that the hinge does not move without some applied pressure and is not so tight that it won`t move at all.

The completed hinge is shown in Pic 5.

Next, position the hinge on the inside of the calf plate as in Pic 6, then fix the hinge in place using two EM screws as in Pic 7.

That completes the construction for this issue as shown in Pic 8 and as I said before, "store it away safely".

Hope to see you all soon for the next update. Woot Woot

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 26 June 2023 21:13:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, well here we are again,Woot Woot

Its time for the next Ironman update. Issue 44.

Now, this is the final update for the Left Leg, for now. There are obviously more updates to come as we have several assemblies that are still not attached. My feeling is that these will come along when we start to attach the Left Leg to the torso via the Hip Joint.

As that is all theory for now, lets get on with this update. Blink

Repetitive bit "supplied parts are shown in Pic 1." Sorry Flapper

Take the Upper leg plate and one of the double sided pieces of tape (second piece being a spare). Removing one of the protective covers of the tape , fit the exposed sticky side downwards, placing the tape onto the Upper leg plate as shown in Pic 2.

Bring the main leg assembly back to the work space along with the Upper leg plate as shown in Pic 3. Note: the relevance of the arrow in Pic 3 relevant to the locating pins and holes of the two parts, plus what I have described as the "Upper tabs".

The next constructional stage, brings the Upper leg plate into its final position. I found it best to get the Upper tabs into position first and then bring the plate in towards the main leg assembly so the pins locate and the double sided tape holds the lower edge in place. Pic 4.

That tricky little bit done and dusted, you now need to lock the "Upper tabs" in place using an EM screw, one on each side as shown in Pic5 for one side.

There are now two detailing parts to press fit over the points where you placed the last two screws. Noting that the Right side plate L1 fits on the inside of the left leg, Pic 6 and the other detail L2 is pressed in place onto the outside of the left leg. Pic 7.

That completes the Left leg as far as it will go at this stage. Pic 8.

Store the leg and any unused parts/assemblies in a protected safe place, for use at a later stage in the build.

The next two updates, will construct the beginnings of the right foot in Issues 45 and 46, that will also close the building of this pack.

Hope to see you all soon for the next update. ThumpUp Woot

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 28 June 2023 16:15:43

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Here I am with the next update. Issue 45, which leaves just one more update to finish this pack.

For now, we have finished with the Left Leg and are about to start on the Right Foot. This is therefore the start of the Right Leg. The unfortunate part of this being, that we will be replicating the Left Leg albeit a mirror image. Blink

Lets get on then.Drool

Parts supplied with this issue are shown in Pic !.

My hope is, that there will be enough detail in this and following updates to save you going back in time and look at old posts and/or issues you have received. My apologies if something is missed, but feel free to let me know and I will make any amendments needed. Crying

So to start, bring the Right Foot and Ankle Joint to your work space, placing them in the orientation shown in Pic 2. Note: that as indicated by the green circle, the large round hole in the Ankle Joint is uppermost. This will make sure that you have the correct orientation of the ankle for future updates.

Keeping the parts as placed previously, slide the Ankle Joint inside the Foot and locate the pivot posts as shown in Pic 3 by the green arrows.

The Ankle Joint Cover is now positioned on the inside of the foot and over the Ankle Joint. Pic 4. The cover is then fixed into position using 4 x EM screws as indicated in Pic 5.

From the parts supplied with this issue, now bring the LED assembly to the table. Then position the switch into the hole next to the magnet, making sure that the wires from the switch are next to the outside of the foot, Pic 6.

The next task is to fit the battery box, but first make note of the extended lug on the battery box. This is positioned over the switch (to hold it in place), then the battery box is secured into position using an EM screw. All indicated in Pic 7.

That`s all for this update. The battery cover plate will be used in a later update, Pic 8, so keep any unused parts safe and labelled as to where they were supplied.

See you soon for the next and final update for this pack. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 30 June 2023 18:50:28

Hi All, Cool

This is the last update for this pack, Issue 46. Blink

After this is posted, I am having to get my near 68 year old brain around the workings of a Laptop as my main PC is away for a revamp/repair. That`s way out of my remit, so don`t understand what the heck is going on. Good job my son does.Confused Confused Confused

Anyway, lets get this done.LOL

Issue 46, finishes the main part of Right Foot, with Issue 47 bringing the Foot to completion. (Coming soon)

Parts supplied for this issue are shown in Pic 1.

To start, take the heel section and insert the LED screen into its position as shown in Pic 2.

Position the LED support over the screen Pic 3 and fix the support in place using 2 x AM screws as shown in Pic 4.

Continue by bringing the main foot assembly back to your work space along side of the heel plate. Then carefully press the LED into the heel plate as shown in Pic 5.

The next move is a little tricky.Blink

Bring the heel plate into place under the main foot assembly, making sure that the wires from the micro switch, pass through the centre hole of the heel plate and do not get trapped between the parts. Pic 6.

When, and only when you are sure the wires are in the correct position and not trapped, fix the heel plate to the main foot assembly using 2 x EM screws as shown in Pic 7.

That completes the main part of the foot Pic 8, the rest of the foot being completed in the next issue.

In the meantime, take care and be nice to each other. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg