Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dominica Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 04 July 2023 18:25:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Hi all,
After finishing off my HMS Victory build I have opened up the box for an Amati Dominica 1811 kit.
This was very kindly donated to me by a fellow modeller, birdja2. It's great little kit with a resin hull that appears to need a fair bit of fettling, but the instructions are in Italian, which unfortunately I don't understand. I also realise that the kit has been discontinued for some time so it's very rare to see a mention of the kit let alone any instruction or build guides. Would anyone here have any leads or information that they would share about this kit.
Don't get me wrong, I very much intend to build and finish this kit so if needs be, the Italian diagrams and sketches will suffice but being lazy, perhaps an English interpretation would be useful.
Happy building.
Chris
z8000783
#2 Posted : 04 July 2023 20:41:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Hi Chris

Have you tried one of the translation phone apps that use your camera?

goddo
#3 Posted : 05 July 2023 10:46:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

z8000783 wrote:

Hi Chris

Good suggestion John,
Would prefer to have an English paper copy in front of me, but not the end of the world.
When I opened the kit, I was impressed with the quality of materials used apart from some of the planking strips.
No big deal and gives me the opportunity/excuse to pop over to my nearest model shop to get some more and also see if he has any interesting kits that would catch my eye!! BigGrin BigGrin
P.S. Hope your recovery regime is working.
Chris

goddo
#4 Posted : 05 July 2023 11:27:00

z8000783 wrote:

Hi Chris

Just used Google Translate on my phone and it's working fine. Thanks for the suggestion.