Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 47 - 50 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 05 July 2023 14:33:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Here we go with the next Pack, that includes Issues 47 - 50, where issues 47 and 48 will complete the build of the right foot and issues 49 and 50 will start the construction of the right knee joint.

The parts supplied with issue 47 are shown in Pic 1.

To start the construction you need to bring the foot constructed (up issue 46) back to the work space and add the two Red Joint washers and Toe parts that were supplied with this issue. Pic 2.

Position a washer either side of the foot as shown in Pic 3.

Now, whilst holding the two red washers in place , slide the toe section over the front of the foot. This will hold the two washers in place . Pic 4.

Carefully making sure the washers don`t fall out of position, fix the Toe section in place using a CM screw on both sides that pass through the toe section, washer and into the main foot assembly. Pics 5 and 6. NOTE: How tight you tighten these screws is up to you, but I would suggest that when you move the toe section that you can feel some resistance to the movement.

You now need to fit a screw cover to each side of the foot. Pics 7 and 8.

The next thing to do is insert the front sole into position and fix it in place with two EM screws as indicated in Pics 9 and 10.

That just leaves the finishing touches to complete the right foot assembly.

Start by inserting the battery supplied with an earlier issue into the battery box, with the polarity as shown in Pic 11. As the battery is firmly held in place by the spring pressure, I chose at this point to test the workings of the LED in the sole of the foot. Pic 12.

If all is working correctly, switch off the LED and fit the battery cover and secure it with an EP screw (both supplied in an earlier issue). Pic 13.

Fit the magnetic foot cover in place on the instep and that completes the assembly of the right foot, Pic 14. Store the foot away safely as it will not be used again for a while.

Hope to be back really soon with a short update (very short) Blink , for issue 48.

Take care out there. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 07 July 2023 14:22:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Its time for the update for issue 48.Blink Don`t get too excited now, as it is by definition "Short"

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

Place the gear ring into position on the right knee cover and fix it in place with two LM screws as per Pic 2.

Well that`s it, as I said SHORT.

In issues 49 and 50 the right knee assembly will continue, but you will be left with parts just placed together So, you may wish to wait for your next delivery so you can complete the knee joint without fear of losing any parts. I`ll leave that choice up to you, but I will continue, hoping my next delivery is not far off.

See you soon for issue 49.

Take Care.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 09 July 2023 16:38:08

Hi All, BigGrin

This is the update for Issue 49 and as I stated earlier and for for the first knee joint, you will be left with loose parts that will be just laid into position. As I am now in possession of Issues 51 -54, I can therefore confirm that the knee joint will be completed in Issue 51. So, you can continue as I am with loose bits around or wait till you have Issue 51 and finish the knee joint in one go.

As I carry on, I will store the parts out of the way of my two cats as they like nothing more than to play with little items and spread them around the flat. Laugh

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

Position the rotating gear ring as shown in Pic 2. NOTE: The position of the tab on the ring will give you the mid point of movement for the joint, so should only be set as shown.

Now position the spring as shown in Pic 3.

I used a pair of curved pointed pliers to position the double sided tape onto the washer as shown in Pic 4 which meant the natural grease of my fingers didn`t affect the glue of the tapes. Then removed the paper off the second side with a sharp craft knife, before placing the washer (using same pliers) inside the lower right knee joint. Pic 5.

All that`s left to do now is position the lower knee joint over the spring of the main assembly. Pic 6.

That`s all folks. BigGrin

See you soon for the update for Issue 50.

Take Care.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 10 July 2023 17:14:42

Hi All,BigGrin

Here again for the next update of Ironman. Weather here is a little bit unpredictable (UK Blink )so no work on my cruiser as I am at a point to repaint the decks and need a couple of days of stable weather. Not holding my breath for that one. LOL

Anyway, back to the task in hand, the update for Issue 50. This will close off this pack and leave us where the knee joint will be completed in Issue 51 (next pack).

Not much to do for this update, but the parts supplied are as always shown in Pic 1.

From the parts supplied, position the two washers into place on the inside of the knee cover. Pic 2.

You will have the screw cover unused at this point, so keep it safe as it will be used at a later stage. Note: I still have the screw cover for the first knee joint unused at this stage. I intend to leave this as long as possible before fitting it, as it may be necessary to adjust the joint and the screw cover will be difficult to remove.

That`s all there is for now, so I will see you all for the next update when we crack open the next pack for Issues 51 - 54.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg