Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
PLEASE TAKE NOTE Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 06 July 2023 17:58:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

It has most probably come to people`s notice that at this time the forum has no "Official" leader ie: ADMIN.

I have been trying to sort this for the last two months nearly and am steering the rudderless ship as best as I can.

If I can get this sorted, I will happily take over and keep the forum running "To the best of my ability".

Therefore I ask for the following:

Understand at this time that my contacts are limited. As I`m "unofficial".

If you have a subscription issue, PM me directly, that way relevant build info is not moved off the recent posted board. I will acknowledge your PM and deal as soon as I have a contact, but it will be dealt with.

There is only one rule that I have at this time and that is this:

I will help anyone I can as long as the request is polite and not a "RANT".
Direct rants on the forum will be issued a warning and be deleted. A second breach will mean the persons removal from the forum.

As I say I`m here doing my best, so work with me and I`ll do my best by you.

I PROMISE.

Lets keep it together and keep the forum running and working for its membership and guests.

Take care out there and be nice to each other.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tf64
#2 Posted : 06 July 2023 23:40:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well done Derek you have my support as all ways.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

goddo
#3 Posted : 06 July 2023 23:53:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Well said Derek,
I can assure you that I, along with so many other forum members will give you our full support at a very difficult time.
Good luck.
Chris
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 07 July 2023 10:07:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

You're already doing a great job Derek.
All the best.
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 07 July 2023 21:09:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Blink Blink Blink

Well, what can I say.Blushing Blushing

My intention was that this would be purely an informative post.

It appears that it got a lot more interest than I thought it would and would therefore like to take time to thank those who responded, be it via a post on the thread or by a private PM. I can assure all of you that your responses are very gratefully accepted and I hope above all things that I can keep this forum up and running.

I have been a member since late 2012, so coming up to 11 years and been on the support team for approx 9 years. Hence my dedication to keep things going.

I thank you all for your dedication, even through the tougher times Crying, but I`m sure that if we all pull together we have a good few years left in us still.

Keep on modelling.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#6 Posted : 08 July 2023 15:15:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

We all support you Derek, you’re doing a great job.BigGrin
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 09 July 2023 14:42:05

Markwarren wrote:
We all support you Derek, you’re doing a great job.BigGrin

Thanks Mark.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

andali15
#8 Posted : 09 July 2023 15:33:41

Hi Derek, it’s very good of you to pick up the baton, so to speak, and keep the Forum going. I wish you all the best. Andy.
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 09 July 2023 15:39:48

andali15 wrote:
Hi Derek, it’s very good of you to pick up the baton, so to speak, and keep the Forum going. I wish you all the best. Andy.

Thanks Andy, BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

RM1
#10 Posted : 11 July 2023 15:04:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I've only just noticed this thread. Keep up the good work Derek !! This has always been a great Forum to be in.
Malc.
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 11 July 2023 16:35:27

RM1 wrote:
I've only just noticed this thread. Keep up the good work Derek !! This has always been a great Forum to be in.
Malc.

Thanks Malc, BigGrin

Your support is appreciated.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#12 Posted : 18 July 2023 16:04:57

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Its good news week.Cool

It appears that I have now made some headway with the Admin position on this forum. I now have an "Official" contact with Deagostini and therefore hope to be of more assistance to people in the very near future.

Please don`t barrage me with problems instantly, as connections are still being set up. Blink

When I have everything setup I will update this thread accordingly.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

goddo
#13 Posted : 18 July 2023 16:57:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Its good news week.Cool

It appears that I have now made some headway with the Admin position on this forum. I now have an "Official" contact with Deagostini and therefore hope to be of more assistance to people in the very near future.

Please don`t barrage me with problems instantly, as connections are still being set up. Blink

When I have everything setup I will update this thread accordingly.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Well done Derek!!
Good news indeed.
Chris
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 22 July 2023 16:50:43

Hi All, BigGrin

Firstly thanks to Chris aka "goddo" for the above comment.ThumpUp

Second is an update on what has been going on behind the scenes. Blink

Yesterday, I received verbal confirmation that I WILL be taking over the Admin position on the forum.

PLEASE NOTE: that there are still some changes to be made within the forum permissions before I can take ADMIN PM`s , but feel free to PM my username if you need assistance with anything in the meantime. When the permissions are sorted I will update the forum accordingly.

NOW A REQUEST: Please be nice to myself and the Forum Support Team guys. I understand that when you reach out to the FST for help it is a desperate time and you are already frustrated, but I will not accept ranting to or at anyone on the team as I have previously explained. WE as the forum support team will do everything we can to assist, but none of us have been trained to perform miracles.

LOL Flapper LOL

Take care out there and I hope to get back soon with the next information update.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#15 Posted : 22 July 2023 19:40:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Well done Derek.BigGrin The forum is in safe hands with you at its helm, and we all support you. BigGrin

Mark
tf64
#16 Posted : 22 July 2023 22:58:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek

I second Mark's comment on Post 15 above.

Regards
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

delboy271155
#17 Posted : 27 July 2023 22:22:37

Hi All, BigGrin

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their support at this time and secondly want to let everyone know that I can now receive PM messages under the Admin title.

At the tender age of nearly 68 I have a lot to get my head around to take on this task and would appreciate some understanding in the interim.

I still want to be me (delboy271155) for the every day stuff and my personnel stuff, but will be wearing both heads from now on to cover the Admin issues as well.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

aka Admin.LOL

Markwarren
#18 Posted : 28 July 2023 11:21:12

Well done and congratulations Derek. Two heads now, that means more brain power.LOL

Mark
admin
#19 Posted : 28 July 2023 16:49:33

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Markwarren wrote:
Well done and congratulations Derek. Two heads now, that means more brain power.LOL

Mark

Thanks Mark, I might also need double the migraine tablets now.

LOL Flapper LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
Martyn Ingram
#20 Posted : 28 July 2023 17:59:56

BigGrin Well done del WTG ThumpUp
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe