Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
ECTO1 deliveries UPDATE - NOW GO Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 13 July 2023 11:38:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I have today received an email from Fanhome, explaining that the expected distribution start of the ECTO1 parts that were due to start on 17th July have been delayed due to a delivery issue, it is now expected to be in August.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 22 July 2023 14:17:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi all, BigGrin

I am waiting for the last two packs of the Ecto 1 after the problems with Eaglemoss.

I have noticed that the estimated delivery in August given in the email quoted above, has changed on my customer portal to expected despatch date of 25/7/2023.
So looking good for delivery in the near future.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

mwb
#3 Posted : 22 July 2023 21:04:45

Groups: Registered

Hi Derek,

I received an email from Fanhome that my issue 33 was about to ship. My account shows estimated shipping date as July 24. So good news there.

Just before Eaglemoss folded I was supposed to receive the special issue of the Proton Packs. I was really looking forward to those. That didn't happen. Bummer.

I recently contacted Fanhome to ask if we were going to receive these and the answer was - no. Such an iconic part of the Ectomobile and it's a no show. Very disappointing.

The goods news is I will at least be able to finish the Ecto 1.

Still, a set of Proton Packs would be nice. I even have the detail up parts for them from Satyr's Models by James Davis on Shapeways.

A huge thank you to IXO/PCT and Fanhome for letting us finish our collection/builds!!

wyatt

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 22 July 2023 22:34:55

mwb wrote:
Hi Derek,

I received an email from Fanhome that my issue 33 was about to ship. My account shows estimated shipping date as July 24. So good news there.

Just before Eaglemoss folded I was supposed to receive the special issue of the Proton Packs. I was really looking forward to those. That didn't happen. Bummer.

I recently contacted Fanhome to ask if we were going to receive these and the answer was - no. Such an iconic part of the Ectomobile and it's a no show. Very disappointing.

Still, a set of Proton Packs would be nice. I even have the detail up parts for them from Satyr's Models by James Davis on Shapeways.

A huge thank you to IXO/PCT and Fanhome for letting us finish our collection/builds!!

wyatt

Hi Wyatt

Good you can complete the vehicle, just a shame about the Proton Packs. Crying

I have sent you a PM though.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#5 Posted : 30 July 2023 14:28:40

Hi All, BigGrin

The good news is that parts are now showing as "Shipped". Cool

Now dependant on the postal service.Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#6 Posted : 03 August 2023 18:28:27

Hi All,

ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp Woot

That`s me as one happy bunny.LOL LOL LOL

I was only missing two packs of the ECTO 1 when it all went silly with Eaglemoss, but my faith has been restored as my first pack has turned up today.

Means that I can now get back to where I was when it all went pear shaped and continue my build.

Before that though, I have other Official stuff to do and that includes the Ironman Official Build and the HUGE Infinity Gauntlet Official Build that also arrived today.

Good job I`m retired. LOL Flapper LOL

See you all soon in various places around the forum.

I encourage you all to get involved and get this forum back where it used to be. I`ll do everything I can, as will the Forum Support Team, but we can`t do it all.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
ADMIN

Markwarren
#7 Posted : 03 August 2023 19:30:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Blimey, looks like Santa has arrived early. Don’t get them all mixed up otherwise we’ll have another build going with no category.Flapper
Mark
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 03 August 2023 19:33:23

Markwarren wrote:
Blimey, looks like Santa has arrived early. Don’t get them all mixed up otherwise we’ll have another build going with no category.Flapper
Mark

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

goddo
#9 Posted : 04 August 2023 05:42:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

It's really good to see that things are on the move again.
I agree that maybe now all the dormant forum members are getting their delayed packs coming through, then the forum will pick up again and become the busy site that it was a few years ago.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their build packs.
Chris
Markwarren
#10 Posted : 05 August 2023 21:59:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

mwb wrote:
Hi Derek,

wyatt

Just an update on this subject. I am currently designing these Proton Packs. In the early stages yet, prototype pictures below, minus the cables and wires. These are a little more detailed than the Eaglemoss supplied ones, with a few more cables and a ribbon cable which was non existent on the EM one.
These will need to be test printed and painted over the next couple of weeks, so I’ll have an update soon.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
photo 05-08-2023, 7 40 15 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 40 38 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 40 52 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 41 08 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 41 26 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 41 55 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 42 19 pm.jpg
photo 05-08-2023, 7 42 54 pm.jpg
mwb
#11 Posted : 05 August 2023 23:39:42

Mark, you are a Saint! Thank you so much for undertaking this endeavor. Please put my name at the top of the list. Paypal is ready.
Looking at your renderings, you are seriously adept at 3D design. Amazing stuff.

Many thanks,

wyatt
Markwarren
#12 Posted : 06 August 2023 00:34:22

mwb wrote:
Mark, you are a Saint! Thank you so much for undertaking this endeavor. Please put my name at the top of the list. Paypal is ready.
Looking at your renderings, you are seriously adept at 3D design. Amazing stuff.

Many thanks,

wyatt

No problem Wyatt. I’m waiting for other materials to arrive to compliment the printed design. I’ve already noticed a couple of tweaks to make and the wand/gun will have a clip to attach to the main pack. These will be sold on my Etsy shop and not direct from the forum. I’ll update again soon.
Mark.
Markwarren
#13 Posted : 14 August 2023 00:44:44

Just a quick update. I have now test printed the Proton pack, a couple of tweaks I’ve noticed that need to be rectified, but I’ve gone ahead and started painting it and piecing it together. I also working on the stickers that are on the pack in various places. The second picture is the newly designed Proton pack next to the original Eaglemoss one, no longer available, for comparison. Still waiting for the stock of cables to arrive.
I have also made a catch for the wand/gun to attach to the side of the main unit.
photo 13-08-2023, 1 43 10 pm.jpg
photo 13-08-2023, 5 18 53 pm.jpg
photo 13-08-2023, 5 23 45 pm.jpg
photo 13-08-2023, 5 24 10 pm.jpg
mwb
#14 Posted : 14 August 2023 10:43:43

Once again Mark, we get to see the wonderful results of your labors, skill and artistry. Not to mention the speed at which you do it. Thank you Sir ThumpUp ThumpUp

wyatt
Markwarren
#15 Posted : 26 August 2023 11:39:26

Proton pack has now been test fitted in the gurney, fits perfectly. Final preparation on parts and labels and a Ghostbusters trap which will accompany the kit. 3D model view below, should have this all up and running in the next week.
Mark

Link to Trap
photo 27-08-2023, 10 09 47 am.jpg
mwb
#16 Posted : 26 August 2023 15:21:39

Thank you for the update Mark. This is getting better and better.
Markwarren
#17 Posted : 26 August 2023 17:25:14

Thank Wyatt
Just updated the link to include the foot peddle. Now complete.

Mark
mwb
#18 Posted : 26 August 2023 20:24:12

You have me drooling. Drool
Markwarren
#19 Posted : 03 September 2023 16:52:07

Proton pack is now complete and all tested. The trap was completed today. The proton pack also has a clip to hold the wand in place on the main pack, something that wasn’t included in the original discontinued packs.
These will be in my Etsy shop very soon, link below. The kit will be unpainted, ready to build with all cables, wires, stickers all included. A tutorial will be on here to show how it all comes together, which is very simply. The kit comes in various parts for ease of painting. The PKE meter are not included in the kit.
Etsy Shop
photo 03-09-2023, 1 54 13 pm.jpg
photo 03-09-2023, 1 57 10 pm.jpg
photo 03-09-2023, 2 04 11 pm.jpg
photo 03-09-2023, 2 07 13 pm.jpg
mwb
#20 Posted : 03 September 2023 17:08:49

Count me as seriously impressed. Watching you develop these and then bring them to reality is very enjoyable. I believe you might be a graduate of Hogwarts.
wyatt