Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 51 -54 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 13 July 2023 19:10:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Intermittent rain here for the last couple of days, so no work on the decks of my cruiser Crying , but that`s your gain as I`m now ready to post some updates between now and the weekend for Issues 51 - 54.

Lets crack on. Cool

This update is for Issue 51: This will complete the Right Knee Joint.

Now, you may remember that during the construction of the Left Knee (Issue 32) that I had a problem with a couple of parts that were not finished to the best standard. I`m pleased to report that I`ve not had the same issue this time, so as said it must have been an odd error in the parts department.

First the boring bit, parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

You will also need to hand the assemblies from Issues 49 and 50.

The first task is the fiddley bit, where you stick the double sided pieces of tape to the washer. Pic 2. Then, having removed the film from the second side of the tape, position the washer inside the Upper Right Knee Joint as shown in Pic 3.

Now position the Right Knee Gear Ring (the one without the tab) into position and secure it with two LM screws. Pic 4 and place the rotating gear ring as per Pic 5.

Carefully position the spring in place, Pic 6 and the Upper Right Knee Joint over the spring as in Pic 7.

Note: It has come to my attention that some people have decided to insert grease into the joint at this point. I would not advise this course of action and here`s my reasoning:

When the leg is fully constructed, due to the physics laws of levers, it is much easier to move the joint to where you want it to display your model in the pose you want.

Plus, the knee joint will be the main support for the whole model weight when completed, so it needs a certain amount of rigidity to achieve this.

Personally, I`m leaving mine dry as its not designed as a regular play toy, but a display item. That said, the final choice is up to you.

Ok, back to the assembly.

You will now need to bring the assembly from the end of Issue 50 Pic 8, back to the table. Making sure that the tabbed gears engage correctly with the upper and lower knee joints, press the whole knee joint together and use two IM screws to hold the parts together. Pic 9.

That completes the Right Knee Joint and with some pressure you should be able to move the Upper Right Knee Joint as indicated in Pic 10. This required pressure will decrease when the leg is completed.

See you all soon for the Issue 52 update.

Should anyone feel the need to open a discussion on the Official Build, then please do so via the link below and open a new topic.

https://forum.deagostini....1689264897.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=79422679

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 14 July 2023 19:25:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All I`m back. BigGrin

Weather is still poor, in fact its abysmal, so no chance of any work on the cruiser and not for at least a couple more days. So this update is for Issue 52, with 53 and 54 over the weekend.

Parts supplied shown in Pic 1.

Position the Support inside Hip Joint Cover 1 and fix it in position using an LP screw as indicated in Pic 2. Note: The support needs to be firmly fixed inside the cover as it will be the connection between the two halves of the Hip Joint at a later stage.

Next fit the wider tab of the Bearing Ring into the slot inside Hip Joint Cover 2. Pic 3.

Lastly, position the Cap into the Bearing and fix it with an IP screw. Pic 4

Pic 5 shows the three sub-assemblies built and these will be used in future stages to complete the hip joint.

Will be back soon with the next update. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 15 July 2023 13:32:58

Hi All, BigGrin

Time for the update for Issue 53, where the outer thigh armour is made up.

Parts supplied are in Pic 1.

Position the Outer Thigh Plate onto the Thigh Base. Pic 2. Then holding the parts carefully together, turn them over and fix them together using three IP screws as in Pic 3.

Now, (keeping the assembly the same way up), add the Outer Knee Protection piece as shown in Pic 4 and fix that part firmly in place with two more IP screws. Pic 5.

That completes the assembly for this issue. Pic 6.

See you soon with the update for Issue 54 and the end of another pack. Cool

Take care.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 16 July 2023 17:19:15

Hi All, BigGrin

As promised, I`m here with the final update for this pack. Issue 54. Cool

Unfortunately, after this update I`m waiting for the next delivery, so at the mercy of the system and the parcel delivery services.Crying

I will make sure though, that I will pick up at the fastest possible speed when said delivery arrives.ThumpUp

So, onto this update, where the supplied parts are shown in Pic 1.

This issue assembles and attaches the Ankle Joint of the Right Foot to the Lower Leg.

To start position a washer either side of the Lower Right Leg, in the same orientation for both sides as shown in Pic 2.

You now need to bring the right foot back to the work space and whilst holding the washer against either side of the Lower Leg, position the Lower leg into the ankle joint of the right foot and then put the Ankle Pivot through all of the parts. Pic 3. If you now hold the Ankle Pivot in place and turn the whole foot around, then you will see the correct orientation of the Ankle Joint as shown in Pic 4.

Keeping the foot in the same position, you can now add the Ankle Cover Disc as shown in Pic 5. whilst holding the parts together insert and tighten an MP screw from the outside of the Ankle into the Cover Disc on the opposite side. Pic 6.

That completes the construction of the right ankle joint. You can now replace the instep guard over the right foot. Pic 7.

Will now be at the mercy of the next delivery as said before, so I`ll see you when the next parts arrive.

Take care and be nice to each other.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg