Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ugears Off-road Vehicle Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 28 July 2023 10:13:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thought I would have a go at another of these models
The Off Road Vehicle caught my eye

Pictures attached, will add more as the build progresses

Gil
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
OF1.jpg
OF2.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 28 July 2023 11:17:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That’s a lot of parts. It says no glue, I’m assuming you just snap fit these then.

Mark
GilShapley
#3 Posted : 28 July 2023 11:46:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's right, no glue although I prefer to say "push Fit". I hope to avoid any "Snap fit" issues

Gil

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 28 July 2023 19:42:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Nice looking kit Gil. BigGrin

Wish you luck with this one, with all those parts.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#5 Posted : 28 July 2023 21:00:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Seems like you've got your hands full with this one Derek.
Looking forward to seeing some progress pics.
Good luck.
Chris
GilShapley
#6 Posted : 28 July 2023 21:55:41

Sorry Goddo its not Derek

Its my Build

Gil
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 29 July 2023 10:44:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

GilShapley wrote:
That's right, no glue although I prefer to say "push Fit". I hope to avoid any "Snap fit" issues

Gil

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

LOL LOL LOL I’d hate you to snap them.Flapper Flapper

Mark
goddo
#8 Posted : 29 July 2023 13:41:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

GilShapley wrote:
Sorry Goddo its not Derek

Its my Build

Gil

My apologies Gil!!!

Blushing Blushing Blushing

Chris
GilShapley
#9 Posted : 02 August 2023 19:50:48

Been a slow start on this one (School Holiday and Grandkids).

Started on the Chassis.

Pictures attached
OF3.jpg
OF4.jpg
OF5.jpg
GilShapley
#10 Posted : 04 August 2023 12:50:32

Bit more progress with this build. As I have already mentioned NO glue is required as all the components are push fit. Some are a bit tight and I have found that using one of my small G Clamps to assist allows me to apply an even pressure to both ends/sides of the fitting. Have to be careful to ensure the piece being fitted goes on straight when being installed. Have lost count of the number of cogs/gear wheels there are.

Pictures attached

OF6.jpg
OF7.jpg
OF8.jpg
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 04 August 2023 18:41:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Gil, BigGrin

That is an impressive gearing system. Cool Cool

Not sure what the coil of metal looking band is for, but if its the main spring for the mechanism you better get your running shoes on as it will take off when you let it go.LOL LOL LOL .

Or, is that the secret of all those gears.Blink Blink

Looking forward for the next update.Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#12 Posted : 05 August 2023 11:56:17

Very impressive, Gil.
That coil spring does look a bit vicious. BigGrin BigGrin
You are making a great job of this and look forward to further updates.
Chris
GilShapley
#13 Posted : 05 August 2023 21:23:43

Thanks for the feedback

The coil spring has yet to be wound (carefully)into the body of the vehicle.

That is a fun time but I have done it before so hopefully all will go well

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Gil

Markwarren
#14 Posted : 05 August 2023 21:47:57

Looking very good Gil, looks mind coggling. Flapper LOL

Mark
GilShapley
#15 Posted : 12 August 2023 21:03:50

This build has been progressing OK. Not able to post due to the loading of picture problems which hopefully have been resolved.

The build has continued with the addition of various chassis components.

Wheels/Tracks to be added.

Pictures attached (Hopefully)

OF10.jpg
OF11.jpg
OF12.jpg
OF13.jpg
OF14.jpg
OF15.jpg
GilShapley
#16 Posted : 14 August 2023 21:51:00

Finally just 4 Tracked "Wheels" to construct. I think the pictures say it all.

Lots of bits to fit, must be careful to get them the right way round (Speaking from experience )

That concludes this journey of 423 components

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
OF16.jpg
OF17.jpg
OF18.jpg
OF19.jpg
OF20.jpg
OF21.jpg
admin
#17 Posted : 14 August 2023 22:00:56

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

WTG Gil,Cool Love Cool

Can`t imagine what it took to get those tracks together.Blink Blink

Do we get to see a video of you chasing down the road?

Will we be treated to another U-gears spectacular soon?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
kpnuts
#18 Posted : 19 November 2023 21:57:12

Looks interesting, so no rubber bands in this one.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.