Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

General stuff about the Gauntlet Build Options
mwb
#1 Posted : 06 August 2023 06:25:28

Groups: Registered

I started this so that I could say thank you to Derek (Admin) for starting the Official build of the Infinity Gauntlet. Thank you Derek!

Your build thread is off to a great start. The write up is on point and the pictures are perfect. I probably won't be doing this build, but I will certainly be following this one.

When you're finished and start wielding all that power please remember us poor model builders back on Earth.

wyatt
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 06 August 2023 20:20:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

mwb wrote:
I started this so that I could say thank you to Derek (Admin) for starting the Official build of the Infinity Gauntlet. Thank you Derek!

Your build thread is off to a great start. The write up is on point and the pictures are perfect. I probably won't be doing this build, but I will certainly be following this one.

When you're finished and start wielding all that power please remember us poor model builders back on Earth.

wyatt

Hi Wyatt, BigGrin

I thank you for your appreciation of the Infinity Gauntlet post I made recently.Cool

Since taking over the Admin position, I have tried to make the point that as much as "Official Builds" are a locked topic, that its for one reason only. That reason is that Official Builds are an information only point.

I am happy and thankful for you taking the time to make a separate post as this is where I want conversations to take place. I/we as a forum support team are not perfect, we do our best to keep things moving along and are open to hints/tips/suggestions in ways to make things better (just keep it friendly).

So, to anyone reading this message "Please get involved" its what we want this forum to be.

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#3 Posted : 24 September 2023 11:21:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Following this official build, I have to say I wasn’t sure how big this thing was going to be. Thank goodness it stops at just the gauntlet, and not the rest of the body, it would be the size of a T-Rex.
I just hope Derek, you can wheel enough power to be able to pick it up once complete. LOL LOL

Mark
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 25 September 2023 18:44:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Markwarren wrote:
Following this official build, I have to say I wasn’t sure how big this thing was going to be. Thank goodness it stops at just the gauntlet, and not the rest of the body, it would be the size of a T-Rex.
I just hope Derek, you can wheel enough power to be able to pick it up once complete. LOL LOL

Mark

Hi Mark, LOL

I`m hoping that the power of the Gauntlet may do that for me. Flapper Flapper

I`ve just started to realise just how big and heavy the assemblies of this kit are. ( Weight checks now being posted into the Official Build).

I`m going to have to reopen my mobile Photo table soon as the work station in the comfy lounge ain`t gonna cut it for much longer.

We will soon be constructing the Thumb of the Gauntlet over 9 issues and I have a sneaky opinion that it`s gonna weigh a bit. You then have to add 4 fingers, the rest of the bits still to be added, with the whole of the extended armour from the wrist onto the forearm.

We`ll see how big and heavy it gets soon I think, may be time to get the Grandson round to save this old fogey a hernia. Blink BigGrin Crying BigGrin Blink

Thanks for looking in. Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

mwb
#5 Posted : 26 September 2023 03:10:33

Groups: Registered

Derek,
Make sure you won't have to reinforce the mobile photo table with some angle iron. And good idea on the Grandson. Tell him if he can lift it he can wear it for Halloween. LOL
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 26 September 2023 20:22:50

mwb wrote:
Derek,
Make sure you won't have to reinforce the mobile photo table with some angle iron. And good idea on the Grandson. Tell him if he can lift it he can wear it for Halloween. LOL

LOL LOL LOL

Photo table is pretty strong already, but will check. Flapper Flapper LOL

Won`t be finished for this Halloween, so he`s got a year to get toned up for the big haul.Cool Cool Cool

Thanks for looking in.ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin