Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
No Picture Posting fixed Topic locked Options
admin
#1 Posted : 10 August 2023 13:38:10

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi,Crying

I am trying to source a resolution for the picture posting issue.

Will update when I have any news.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin
admin
#2 Posted : 10 August 2023 21:06:42

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Sorry people, Blink

Have sent a few emails and awaiting any chance of a reply.

As soon as I have any info it will be posted here.

Should anyone notice that the issue has been corrected please PM me under Admin.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
goddo
#3 Posted : 11 August 2023 11:56:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I had no idea that there was an issue with this until today.
I just tried uploading a pic using my usual method, but no luck I'm afraid.
Good luck with solving the problem.
Chris
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 11 August 2023 17:01:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
I had no idea that there was an issue with this until today.
I just tried uploading a pic using my usual method, but no luck I'm afraid.
Good luck with solving the problem.
Chris

Thanks for trying Chris. Crying

Personally, at this time I seem to have exhausted all lines of enquiry.

My best contacts are in Spain and they are on holiday shutdown till late next week.

All I can do is apologise for this situation and hope I can get a quick resolution as soon as they return.

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

admin
#5 Posted : 11 August 2023 18:58:51

OMG

I don`t know what has happened, but someone must have got the message as it appears we are back up and running with picture posting available. (See above)

Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot

Thanks to who ever sorted this if you read the forum. Cool Cool

Regards
Derek
Admin
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 11 August 2023 20:58:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Well done Derek, I’m sure your intervention got us there quicker than had nothing been done.Cool Cool Cool

Mark
admin
#7 Posted : 12 August 2023 17:35:04

Hi All, BigGrin

Thanks Mark. Cool

Well it looks as I`m in the dark as much as anyone else.

After the second shutdown in two days and without notification even to Admin all I can do is apologise.

I posted an image yesterday after the forum came back on line, tried to post an Official Build update earlier today and failed. Then the second shutdown, now supposedly back up again.

I will update if /when someone speaks to me.

Picture posted: My cruiser "Dolphin". Weather permitting will be deck sanding tomorrow.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
admin attached the following image(s):
16.jpg
z8000783
#8 Posted : 12 August 2023 20:24:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

test
z8000783 attached the following image(s):
may23_3.jpg
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 13 August 2023 12:49:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Everyone,BigGrin

I hope its not just me being lucky, but it appears that after the couple of shutdowns (over the last couple of days) there has been a massive improvement in pictures appearing as they should.

People who post pics from an external platform are ok, but after the debacle with Photobucket a while back now, the forum support team mainly post direct using the forums own system and its these pictures that have not been appearing as they should. However I`m now of the opinion that when the memory space on the server was increased that some more maintenance took place and therefore the improvement.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

z8000783
#10 Posted : 13 August 2023 13:18:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Look the same as it's ever been, to me.

z8000783 attached the following image(s):
64d8bb67.jpg
GilShapley
#11 Posted : 13 August 2023 13:23:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Posted 6 pictures yesterday with no problems

Seems OK now

Gil

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 13 August 2023 13:52:41

z8000783 wrote:

Hi John, BigGrin

I`m using a desk top PC and getting all pics, but if I use my android phone some are missing. With one refresh only every pic appeared though. Which is a massive improvement.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

delboy271155
#13 Posted : 13 August 2023 13:53:27

GilShapley wrote:
Posted 6 pictures yesterday with no problems

Seems OK now

Gil

Thanks for the info Gil.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

z8000783
#14 Posted : 13 August 2023 15:25:08

delboy271155 wrote:
z8000783 wrote:

Hi John,

I`m using a desk top PC and getting all pics, but if I use my android phone some are missing. With one refresh only every pic appeared though. Which is a massive improvement.

I use a desk top PC with Windows 10. This screenshot was after 2 refreshes.

delboy271155
#15 Posted : 13 August 2023 15:31:40

z8000783 wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
z8000783 wrote:

Hi John,

I use a desk top PC with Windows 10. This screenshot was after 2 refreshes.

Hi John, Blink

My PC is also windows 10 and old enough that it cannot take windows 11.

With my Android phone I cleared the browsing history, cache etc etc and that improved the phone a lot. Have you tried the same on your PC, cos other than that I can`t see why the difference. Unless its down to the internet server you use and I`m only guessing as I`m no computing expert.Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

z8000783
#16 Posted : 13 August 2023 15:42:51

I've tried everything over the 10 years or so this has been happening. There is a fault in the forum S/W somewhere.

delboy271155
#17 Posted : 13 August 2023 15:54:43

z8000783 wrote:

I've tried everything over the 10 years or so this has been happening. There is a fault in the forum S/W somewhere.

Hi Again, Confused

The picture issue has not been a 10 year issue (even though it may seem like it) as I`ve been on the Forum Support Team for a long while now and it wasn`t there when I started.

What I`m going to do is take a video and I`ll come back with a link to You Tube if I can remember how to do that. (Told you I`m no PC expert LOL ) and you will see what I`m seeing. Like I said I don`t understand the difference. I even get the same results whether I`m logged in or not or logged in as ME or ADMIN.

Sorry I can`t help with your situation more than that.Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

delboy271155
#18 Posted : 13 August 2023 16:34:04

Hi All,

I have attached the link below to show what I am seeing when I open a thread on the forum.

I picked this thread as all the pictures are numbered from 1 - 32 and you will see by the unedited video link below that all 32 pictures appeared in one attempt.

I`m not saying this will happen at every attempt, but the picture viewing has greatly improved since the addition of storage space and further maintenance.

As for my Desk top PC (where vid was taken) the improvement is great. My Android phone was also greatly improved after a History , cache etc etc clear up.This would never have happened a week ago.

I`ll leave you to judge from the video link below:

https://youtu.be/KQDNfy3WVJA

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

Kev the Modeller
#19 Posted : 13 August 2023 21:58:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hello Derek,

Having been much less active on the forum than I was in the past, the difference is very noticeable to me and a vast improvement over what it was before, so well done to those who've engineered the improvement!

I've found in the past, that the easiest way to get all of the photos to show in one go, is to exit the thread you were viewing, then visit another random thread, then exit that one and return to the one you were viewing originally? That usually solves the problem, though occasionally it may need more than one attempt, but it does work more often than not!?

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
z8000783
#20 Posted : 13 August 2023 22:22:21

delboy271155 wrote:
z8000783 wrote:

Hi Again, Confused

The picture issue has not been a 10 year issue (even though it may seem like it) as I`ve been on the Forum Support Team for a long while now and it wasn`t there when I started.

It can't be far off that by now.