Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Native American Figures & Busts Options
Kev the Modeller
#1 Posted : 20 August 2023 18:21:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello all,

Whilst I've been taking a recent break from modelling and the forum, I have still been adding items to my stash, and with a long time interest in all things Native American and also anything to do with the 'Wild West', I've been buying several resin bust kits, with a view to building and painting them in between more major model builds from other genres?

So far I have acquired these below:

I have taken contents photos of all of them but I'll show them as and when I come to the start of each bust build. The last one comes in a plain box from 'Mitches Military Models' and depicts a Huron Indian. I believe it is based on Wes Studi, one of the main Native American characters in that great film 'Last of the Mohicans' starring Daniel Day Lewis.

I have already started work on the first one, 'Sun Bear Cheyenne', so I will start a little build topic shortly for that one to show my progress.

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
goddo
#2 Posted : 22 August 2023 14:11:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Kev,
That's a very unusual choice of pastime.
Looks exciting and can't wait to see the progress on these.
Chris
Kev the Modeller
#3 Posted : 28 August 2023 12:01:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hello Chris,

Thanks for looking in and your comment, very much appreciated. Figure modelling is something I've always fancied having a serious attempt at, but never actually gotten round to doing over the years that I've been modelling. It is a very satisfying branch of the hobby in my opinion and one which puts an emphasis on the ability to paint realistically? Not much construction work but a lot of painting fine details and Native American subjects are so colourful and interesting!

I'm really up for this challenge and looking forward to getting stuck in! Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra