Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

1:6 Shelby Mustang Issues 1 - 2 (Pack 1) Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 26 October 2023 17:45:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

HERE WE GO WITH THE BIGGUN

Hi All, Drool Drool

Clear the decks and make way for the 1:6 "67 Shelby Mustang" Cool

Today, I received the first pack that includes Issues 1 and 2.

Issue 1 in this post: Starts the construction of the front panel and it includes the front turn indicators and the license plate.

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

For reference purposes, especially those who are building a car kit like this for the first time, LEFT and RIGHT are described as if you were sitting in the car and looking through the front windscreen.

We start with the LEFT turn indicator and position the left support 1-G as shown from the inside of the front panel. The part is imprinted with the letter "L" (red circle) and had a lug that fits into the recess in the front panel (yellow arrow), all of which is indicated in Pic 2.

With those parts kept in position, place the LEFT indicator lens in place, noting that the lug on its edge must fit in place inside the support, as indicated by the red arrow in Pic 3.

Next fit the LEFT signal reflector !-F over the lens you just placed. Things to note are that the part has an "L" imprinted on it and it has an angled edge. Pic 4 shows the angled edge with a RED line and the whole assembly is now held in place with the use of 2 x DS01 screws.

That completes the LEFT turn indicator and we now turn to the RIGHT one. Pics 5 - 7 show the repeat process with the same notation marks in the pics, but for the right hand side.

With the turn indicators finished for now, position the license plate in position in the centre of the front panel and secure it in place with 2 x DS13 screws. Pic 8.

That completes Issue 1 (Pic 9), so store the front panel safely until it is required again. I used the blister packaging as with care it still fits the front panel and provides the best protection. Pic10.

Coming in Issue 2: Construct the first wheel and tyre.

See you very soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 27 October 2023 21:44:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

Ok here`s the next update for the 1:6 Shelby Mustang. Cool Cool

This is the update for Issue 2, that covers the assembly of the first wheel and tyre, (front/left).

Personally I have never seen a wheel/tyre assembly like this before, but its my first 1:6 scale model I`ve built.Blink I will therefore go into as much detail as I can on this first wheel/tyre as possible. Sorry to anyone who has dealt with this before, but we have to look after the new builders as well. We all started knowing nothing. Flapper

So, parts provided for Issue 2 are shown in Pic 1. The parts needed to build the supports for the tyre are shown in Pic 2.

Note: Before you attempt this part of the assembly, the tyre can be placed in warm water to soften it and make it more malleable. I did manage to do this without the use of warm water, but it will be easier on the hands and fingers if you soften the tyre.

Fitting the tyre supports:

Fit the first internal part of the tyre (2-B) inside the actual tyre. Pic 3. Then push the part inside the tyre as shown in Pic 4.

Now the next bit is where you may have needed to soften the tyre, but as I said it can be done without. (Not so easy though).

Place the second part 2-B inside the tyre. Pic 5.

Time now to fix the interior tyre parts in place. Take one of the parts 2-C and place it between the parts 2-B as shown in Pic 6. Then press firmly on the part 2-C until both sides click solidly into place. Pic 7. Each side of the part 2-C should lock in place as indicated by the yellow arrows.

Repeat this last process with the second part 2-C to complete the inner structure of the tyre.

That`s the tyre done with for now, so we turn our attention to the wheel.

Bring the outer wheel rim 2-D and the tyre valve 2-G to the table and feed the valve into the hole indicated in Pic 8 and press it fully into position as shown in Pic 9. When you turn the outer rim over, the valve should be the same as in Pic 10.

Part 2-F provides what would effectively reproduce the wheel nuts holding the wheel in place.

It can be seen in Pic 11 how the lug in the part fits around the centre hub and how in Pic 12 the final position looks.

We now need to get the wheel into the tyre. There are a few things I want to bring to your attention prior to that happening.

Take a look at Pic 13 and note the two projections noted by the red arrows. There will be two more of these extensions on the opposite side of the wheel. What also must be noted is that all five points between the two wheel halves must also align as shown in Pic 14 where the final fixings will be placed to hold the wheel assembly together.

The wheel projections will slot into the spaces in the parts 2-C as indicated in Pic 15. Two from the part of the wheel from the outside and two from the inside. The wheel then locks into the inner parts of the tyre and holds everything in place.

With the inner and outer halves of the wheel in place, use 5 x DS19 screws (indicated by the red circles) to fix the wheel in place. Pic 16.

That completes this stage of the build. Pic 17. Keep the centre hub piece safe for use in a later stage of the build.

Future builds of the wheels/tyres will be much shorter as you can refer to this version when required.

See you all soon when Pack 2 arrives.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg